• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Punjabi Beat @ IPFF 2009

prince108

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g2Du2FJYpM

Man the fukkin mc kicked the banner off stagee b4 the performance i had to run to get that shitt das y i one of them came down late lol

Julio

man everytime i see this i feel like slapping the judges they shud of deserved first or second for sure

Remy

Julio said:
man everytime i see this i feel like slapping the judges they shud of deserved first or second for sure

-dishooooo-

Just kidding, lol. This was our first co-ed performance and we had a blast doing it. Just want to thank the IPFF committee for making this a very memorable experience for us. We really had a lot of fun this weekend and the mixer was off the hook! And thanks a lot for the support homiez :)

Chaarvi

I agree with Remy the competition was great fun.....for most of the girls it was our 1st competition..and we r super excited to recieve such wonderful audience support. Also we are taking constructive criticism most readily ..I jus wanna say that PUNJABIII BEATTT ROCKSSSS

prince108

Hermen --- we aint blaming the judges or anything we are just pissed of about what was said on stage b4 the teams were announced. I mean if someone goes on stage that is part of the ipff comittee or part of it somehow and says that gurls were jus running around on stage and shouldnt be doing this.... then y get co-ed teams to perform.... We aint saying we were flawless in the performance and i dunt even know hwo the other teams did because we didnt get a chance to see them... all we are saying is y r ppl who are discriminating against girls part of the comeptition....Nd that julio person has no connection wit punjabi beat lol

H.S.

Prince,

it depends on how you took what Tejinder Dhanoa said; from someone sitting in the audience, i believe he mentioned what proper traditional giddha used to be and now, what girls have turned giddha into.

However, what he said could be taken in 3 ways:
  • girls should only stick to giddha and not do bhangra
  • in general, the art form of giddha has changed from live folk boliyan to dancing to saggi and not doing proper moves,etc.
  • he was specifically talking about Punjabi Beat, b/c in the mela the girls where doing giddha moves in a bhangra set, and maybe he thinks giddha and bhangra shouldnt be done together
it all depends on how you look at it. I think he was talking about girls and giddha in general b/c he was talking about his documentary in pakistan and he just mentioned giddha. Overall, Punjabi Beat was real impressive, I do think the girls brought the routine down, especially the 2nd half. But still good, none the less.

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
not a big fan of girls wearing that style outfit.........actually its pretty unattractive and irritating to watch. Go 3d style. thats a good one :)