• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

R.I.P Ravinder Kaur Bhangu (Gidha Instructor at Shan E Punjab Arts Club)

mandeep90

Born n Raised "Folk"
We feel sorry to inform that one of our Gidha instructors was fattally stabbed by his husband and she lost her life. What a great, quite and polite person she was. We are still in shock that she is gone, and she will live in our hearts forever. This is such a big loss to Shan E Punjab. We pay our heartly condolences to Ravinder's family (which still is in India). I have no words to explain the greatness and kindness of Ravinder Kaur Bhangu. May God bless your soul. Rest In Paradise (F) Ravinder Kaur Bhangu <3. You will live forever in our hearts.

-Vancouver Sun

""""The husband of a woman slain in a Surrey newspaper office Thursday is to appear in court today in connection with her death.

RCMP did not release the 26-year-old man’s name, but confirmed he was the husband of the victim, Ravinder Bhangu, whom he married in 2009.

Bhangu, a 24-year-old Surrey resident, was an administrative assistant at the weekly English/Punjabi Sach Di Awaaz, where she was attacked Thursday morning.

Friends who spoke with The Sun said Bhangu came to Canada about three years ago. They said she told them of marital problems and moved in with her aunt two or three months ago.

Police said the motive of the attack did not appear to be related to the business for which Bhangu worked.

Police were called to the newspaper, located on the second floor of a strip mall in the 8100-block of 128th Street, shortly before 11 a.m., after there were reports of a stabbing.

They confirmed shortly afterward that one person had died at the scene of multiple stab wounds and another had been taken into custody. A third person, who had tried to help Bhangu, suffered minor injuries in the incident and was later released from hospital.

Baljinder Gill, a good friend of Bhangu’s, described her as very quiet. “She never used to talk too much. One day I said, ‘Why did you move to your auntie’s house?’ and she cried, but didn’t say much to me. I didn’t find myself very comfortable to ask further.

“I can’t see anybody nicer than her,” Gill said.

“Whatever you ask her, very politely, she’ll answer you back. If you tell her to do something, she’ll do it for you.”

Bhangu and Gill taught Punjabi folk dance classes to young children at Shan-E-Punjab arts club in Surrey, where she’d once met her husband.

“I met him once — he dropped her off at the class. He looked fine to me. He said, ‘Hello, how are you.’ If she had shared something with us we could have known better, but she didn’t share much with us.”

Gill said it will be very difficult to explain to the children today, when the next class is to be held, why Bhangu is not there.

“It’s going to be a big shock for those kids,” Gill said through tears.

“I don’t know how we’re going to tell them.”

Dozens of people stood around the newspaper office on Thursday afternoon as police cordoned off the area and interviewed witnesses.

Many on the scene were crying and consoling one another.""""
Facebook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/199827356737694/

Attachments

sunnybonez

u trolling breh?
"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is.[/size]"
[/size][SIZE=small]-yoda[/SIZE]

[/size]thats a quote i use to get over hard times......
[/size]
[/size]R.I.P

Gidhe Di Shakeen

I am so sorry to hear this. This is such a tragic story and my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone whose life was touched by this unfortunate incident. Hopefully justice will be served RIP <3

sonehdataweet

I am beyond speechless -- No one deserves to be treated this way. My condolences and prayers go to her family and the team.