• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

RPD @ India

Sunny B

ਪੁਰਜਾ ਪੁਰਜਾ ਕਟ ਮਰੈ ਕਬਹੂ ਨ ਛਾਡੈ ਖੇਤੁ...
this was in January this year 2008

ban3rg

wait is this the Toronto Rooh Punjab Di?

does this mean they went to India and won a competition against other Indian teams? What were the other teams? WOWWW

I'd be surprised if they got 1st against some of the Indian teams we see posted here often, cuz those teams are usually in perfect or near-perfect synchronization. RPD looked amazing, but they made some minor mistakes (people put daangs on their shoulders at different times at 2:49, black-costume guy is swinging daang much more wildly than everyone else at 3:18, green guy's phuman gets tangled with kato at 4:15)...

Vijay

Arjun said:
wait is this the Toronto Rooh Punjab Di?

does this mean they went to India and won a competition against other Indian teams? What were the other teams? WOWWW

I'd be surprised if they got 1st against some of the Indian teams we see posted here often, cuz those teams are usually in perfect or near-perfect synchronization. RPD looked amazing, but they made some minor mistakes (people put daangs on their shoulders at different times at 2:49, black-costume guy is swinging daang much more wildly than everyone else at 3:18, green guy's phuman gets tangled with kato at 4:15)...
Yea pretty much. it was all over pol when it was going on. pappi gil sang for every team. there were indian teams, one from australia, a couple from canada, a one from new zealand (?) im sure someone that was there can elaborate more on how it went down.

a quick look back, here is the invite link:

http://www.punjabonline.com/servlet/community.discussions?Action=doDisplayTopic&Expand=-2&Tier=0&DID=84435&Param=84435&Category=1

Harman

yea i went 2 dis comp
NASTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

rpd toronto
kohinoor (i know theres like 2 but the one from vancouver)
and folk waves from australia

rpd won the comp with that routine and as far as it bein a it messy well thats because the guys had 2- 3 weeks at most with the dholi and the singer.......correct me if im wrong but puttin a routine like that in that much time is pretty sick

ban3rg

Harman said:
yea i went 2 dis comp
NASTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

rpd toronto
kohinoor (i know theres like 2 but the one from vancouver)
and folk waves from australia

rpd won the comp with that routine and as far as it bein a it messy well thats because the guys had 2- 3 weeks at most with the dholi and the singer.......correct me if im wrong but puttin a routine like that in that much time is pretty sick
Damn, Pappi singing for all the teams - he must have had a sore throat afterwards haha. And how can he know like, an hour's worth of different bolis I wonder. Different songs for each team and if there are 6 or more thats grittyy.

"2-3 weeks at most"----Ohhh ok i didn't know that. Hahaha i will not correct you. Speaking of which, send me your uncle's contact for vardiyaan or whatnot man!

- Raja -

there were no india teams in the comp. correct me if im wrong thoo..i think the india teams were just exhibtion

jvirk

absolutely sickkkkkk..so this is wut nearly perfect looks like lol

wow 2-3 weeks at most??? crazyyyyyyyy

great performance

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Manjot said:
I got the complete vid and better angle if rooh wants it upp

sick teammm
me too! you can see the facial expressions and everything. Just an amazing video. Lalli Bhaji was awesome.

A.T.

- Raja - said:
Lalli and Pinka = mind-blasting
hey bud correct me if im wrong but i dont think pinka bhaji danced at this..lalli and kanwar were first jodi

Sunny B

ਪੁਰਜਾ ਪੁਰਜਾ ਕਟ ਮਰੈ ਕਬਹੂ ਨ ਛਾਡੈ ਖੇਤੁ...
yes it was kanwar in the first jordee with lalli.. :D

faysal

I've been waiting to see this since it got mentioned on POL lol, was worth the wait!

Vijay

can someone post the other close up vid? if this one is up, why would they care if another vid is up? also, does anyone have vids to the other teams? harman?