SHAAN PUNJAB DEE @ MCB 2016 (FIRST PLACE LIVE CATEGORY)

SG

Man oh man, I'm absolutely overwhelmed by the response we've gotten from you all! It is really amazing to read all these comments and its gratifying to see the love and respect everyone has given us. It just goes to show that we accomplished what we set out to do. Definitely much appreciated!

- Sid, I love that video you guys made. Its my personal favorite. I knew the crowd was amped up, but its so cool to see it from that angle. Causes me to experience pure nostalgia every time I watch it. (which is very very often lol)

- Aditya, Shahrukh, Saab and anyone else who would like to send a PM, please do. We'd like to read everyone's take on the performance.

- To everyone else, thank you again for the awesome response. Keep it comin!

abhij95

A humble group of guys.

Seeing the growth from BATF two years ago till now is just incredible.

Howie Magz

I am not the hugest fan of live bhangra, but holy shit. When I saw this live, I became a fan. This is one of my favorite performances of all time. I have never experienced a standing ovation from the whole auditorium for a Bhangra performance. Yall are the team to beat in live and music in terms of the circuit. This was just incredible. Yea we know the jumps were a bit off at the end but damn this was incredible.

Simar

Bhangre paune chit parchaune eh ne shonk jawani de
Mad props to chimta guy for keep going even after his turla came off.

Nimit

Probably the best video I've ever seen. I've spent a lot of time over the past year sifting through live India teams and I have to say that the choreo creativity I saw is unmatched anywhere. I don't think I've ever seen people do half the things you guys did. I've been a huge fan of you guys since I saw that video of you guys against SGPD at Windy City and I have to say that you haven't disappointed since. Only thing I really want to say is PLEASE perform in the U.S. more often. I know a lot of Canada teams only stop by once a year but I would love to see you guys (live or music) at Burgh or Bruin or Elite (if that happens again). I think the circuit would benefit a lot from having a powerhouse team like you guys around at major competitions. Wish you guys all the best and I don't know if there is anyone on the circuit right now that isn't an SPD fan.

msghoya

oh my goodness.. i feel this is even a cut above many india teams. everything was, to quote our next poet laureate, "a god dream" - dancing/choreography/flow/sequencing, i was on the edge of my seat the entire time. absolutely stunning performance!

faizan

Just shut up and dance
This is the best form and style of live Bhangra. All the stuff that has come out in the last 5-8 years is not folk enough. This is Punjab, this is what Bhangra is all about. The idea of getting MADDDD LOW on jugni is not folk, it's not correct. Watch the jugni in this set, the Mirza the phumania, that's the 70s-90s style. The best style.

The formations were perfect. That's why this set is amazing. There are 2-3 main formations in folk Punjabi dancing, lines, circles and V's. This is the essensce, dancing for a crowd or dancing for each other. All these formations live teams do are silly and not the correct way to showcase Punjabi folk dances.

joty

red guy (prabh saini?) killed it. He didn't overdo it and yet had so much nakhra. Overall good job guys looking forward to many more performances.