SHAN-E-PUNJAB @ BIG APPLE BHANGRA 2010

jasraj93

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,122
ahah sickk dancers were

Pink - Channi Pam
Royal Blue - Daman Rohit
Green - Aruan Jimmy
Aqua Blue - Nitti Jashan
Yellow - Satjinder Rixon
Orange - Opinder Gurjot
Dholi - Me
:)
 

LiLSandhu

Active Member
Messages
1,056
This was sickkk!!!!! Formations were crazyy, mix was sickkk, sooo cleannnn! :)

shout out to my nighass, Daman, Rohit, Rixon, & Jasraj yuh guys rippped itt(L)(L)
 

Jungly_Jatt

Straight The Folk Up
Messages
446
22 Check kar :| holy mother :| tooooooo sick and FOLK :) rangla punjab bugchoo was tooo sick :)
 

gill00

Bruah! ;)
Messages
390
that was intense :|
rixon you cutie ;)
bigups to jasraj daman rohit and rixon
and to the rest of the team
 

Amanjot

Aman M
Messages
316
tht was sickkkkkk, u guys ripppedddddddd shit aparttttttttttttt!!!!! shoutouts to rixon, jasraj, daman & rohitt!
 

HarmanG

Member
Messages
256
Tore it uppp :D congratz SHAN-E
big ups to my boys Daman Rohit and Jasrajj;)
you guys were sickk
 

Gugu

New Member
Messages
257
That was straight sickkkk. I barely even post here, but had to post for this vid. That was some 1st place stuff, I saw SGPD's vid as well and think this one was better in terms of keepin it "bhangra" with a creative twist. Sick song selection too btw. That pink jodi is straight baller.

When yall slowed the sapp part, that was sick, khunda segment was legit. Iko tera was beautiful, some old school type choreo, it was just dope. Gal rangleh punjab di was aight tho, too fast up until jugni, then you guys hit it hard.

Bauht vadiya bhangra paya mundeyo, I hate how most music teams these days are doin too much bs that bhangra's not even the main focus of the performance, but this was the right amount of bhangra and creativity. Keep it up!
 

Charanjit

New Member
Messages
143
Thank you everyone for the compliments, we really appreciate the feedback everyone has given us over the weekend in person and here on BTF. We went to apple to showcase bhangra in the FOLKEST manner possible with a hit of creativity. We believe it is important to have creativity in your set but not to the extent that it overpowers the BHANGRA aspect of the performance. We as a team feel like we have a responsibility to keep bhangra in its purest form and to make sure it does not become generalized as a just a "dance act" in bhangra vardiyaan.

Once again thanks for all the love and support please let us know what we can improve on in the future and we hope to be back in action very soon.

-Charanjit Singh
 

Kush

Active Member
Messages
1,401
jasraj... we shared the dressing room. And you couldn't say wassup? thats effed.
 

jasraj93

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,122
Kush said:
jasraj... we shared the dressing room. And you couldn't say wassup? thats effed.
LOLLL:S which one were u? i've never even seen u before bro so my bad (N)
 

Ak_Di_Nishani

New Member
Messages
313
Ashveer said:
1st place performance in terms of difficulty, stamina, cleanliness and being "beautiful." Only thing keeping them from the prize was the lack of "tricks" that SGPD had. Add some of those and you guys will have nobody to call your peers. Great set.
Disagree, I think this team has its own identity, the best word to describe it is "pure". SPGD may have won but after watching this preformance i feel like this team truly apprecaites the art of bhangra in its truest form "folk". Keep your identity and style, there is no need to conform for the sake of a prize because everyone on this forum can apprecaite the true folkness of your preformance.

+100 boys this preformance left me wordless simply beautiful.
 

Ak_Di_Nishani

New Member
Messages
313
jasraj93 said:
ahah sickk dancers were

Pink - Channi Pam
Royal Blue - Daman Rohit
Green - Aruan Jimmy
Aqua Blue - Nitti Jashan
Yellow - Satjinder Rixon
Orange - Opinder Gurjot
Dholi - Me
:)
killedd it on the dhol broo sick job

ps. fucking 5 40 fuckign sexxx straighttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
 

Ashveer

New Member
Messages
492
Ak_Di_Nishani said:
Ashveer said:
1st place performance in terms of difficulty, stamina, cleanliness and being "beautiful." Only thing keeping them from the prize was the lack of "tricks" that SGPD had. Add some of those and you guys will have nobody to call your peers. Great set.
Disagree, I think this team has its own identity, the best word to describe it is "pure". SPGD may have won but after watching this preformance i feel like this team truly apprecaites the art of bhangra in its truest form "folk". Keep your identity and style, there is no need to conform for the sake of a prize because everyone on this forum can apprecaite the true folkness of your preformance.

+100 boys this preformance left me wordless simply beautiful.
I see where you're coming from with this, and I agree with you, but if they added some random crap, everyone would be on their nuts even more, and would probably still call them more folk than sgpd. And we need to come up with some other word than folk...its tired, overused, and useless.
 
Top