• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Sher Punjab De 2012 Placings

Remy

Senior:
1st place: BC CULTURAL
2nd place: PFA

Junior:
1st place: Shan-E-Girls
2nd place: Shan-E-Boys
3rd place: Bhangra Beat & East West Collaborations

Thank you to the teams and to everyone that came out this weekend and helped to make the show a success! Congratulations to all of the teams; placing and non placing, at the end of the day you all are champions.

Also.. Bcc boys gave PFA their first place trophy. Wow, that is some sportsmanship. Very pleasant to hear.

pjohal

Congratulations to all the teams who had earned the placings
you all worked very hard and you all demonstrated it on stage

I would also like to say great job to the Sher Punjab De committee members
for putting on such an amazing show in Abbotsford

also would like to give recognition where it is due...
i have been involved in the art of Bhangra for over 10 years
and i saw something that filled my heart with joy at this competition

There was an all girls team, whose music had turned off due to technical difficulties (sorry i do not remember what team they were)
but the music turned off and the girls had kept going and finished on the dhol for the last few minutes

after seeing their passion for dancing i must say i felt very proud

very good job girls, what you did took much courage!
and continue dancing the way you do

Sona Johal

pjohal said:

There was an all girls team, whose music had turned off due to technical difficulties (sorry i do not remember what team they were)
but the music turned off and the girls had kept going and finished on the dhol for the last few minutes

Yes, it was wonderful to see that these girls carried it through and demonstrated their passion for bhangra. However, I did want to clarify that the mix did not stop due to technical difficulties but that was the length of the mix sent in by the team.

gurpsamra

pjohal said:

Thank you for that man, my girls will be really happy to read that
Btw the team was Punjabi Beat junior girls

and just for the record the entire mix was sent, but there was some problem when they downloaded the mix were only 5 mins was saved

regardless the show went great and Sher Punjab De did a very good job with this event and would I would like to thank NSM for having us at their competition

Also I would like to congratulate all of the placing team in the junior and senior divisions and I hope to see ur all in the future

Sona Johal

The size of the ENTIRE mix you sent was only 5 mins and 14 seconds :-\ .

soo there was NO download problem.

gurpsamra

i went into the room where the DJ was... used the DJ's computer to re-downloaded the same mix i had sent, from the same email i had sent it from....and when i played it, it was 7:56....so yes there was a download issue because the file was completely there

RJOHAL

gurpsamra said:
i went into the room where the DJ was... used the DJ's computer to re-downloaded the same mix i had sent, from the same email i had sent it from....and when i played it, it was 7:56....so yes there was a download issue because the file was completely there
Gurp you spoke to me on the phone and admit it was your fault, I don't understand why you are saying this now. Jason still has the mix on his computer, if you want to come see it, you can and it is 5 mins and 14 seconds. Mark and Jason both said that the mix you came and downloaded in the tech room was the exact same size as the one Jason played during your performance. Moreover, you were supposed to submit the mix in long before on a cd for the very reason that this type of mess doesn't occur.

kpanesar

Why walk when you can dance
Other than the one mishap with thr mix sher punjab de did a well job of comping to tje teams needs there were obviosly flaws buy whos perfect nothing that they cant fix up next year . All in all was a fun comp seeing all our friendly local teams and the passion from the juniors keeep up the good work

gurpsamra

Rishi i called u and talked to u about what happend and said that i wanted us to forget about the whole situation and asked u to forward back the email that i sent to taran...how ever i did not get that....and i went to the DJ room and i downloaded the mix right in front of jason and i showed him, i played the song and it was 7:56, and it was 18.1MB, and ur gonna go and start this all over again with then then seriously this is straight bull...i did RVPD the night before....and i sent him the mix the night before just like i sent it to u...and he had no problem so why did u? I know i sent the mix....i went to the DJ room and showed YOUR ppl that it was the full, no it was not my fault it was yours....u know i am telling the truth, and u know i sent the right shit...i admit i sent it in the night before the competition...but thats nothing new....and plus your competition requirements was 7MINS so if my mix was only 5...why would i even be allowed to go on stage??? isnt that automatic DQ? on top of that i also saw the very questionable judges sheets u sent to me with NO JUDGES NAMES....also Rishma i called and i apologized to u and sona trying to make things right between us after the competition.....but u guys really wanna be *RIGHT* then fine u can be right and throw the blame right back at me AFTER we had agreed that this would never be brought up again so it dosnt come between us....but thank u for having us at your competition we will NOT be coming back.

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
How was this not resolved during tech time/rehearsal that afternoon? Did you dance to the full mix at rehearsal?

gurpsamra

They didn't even have it downloaded, I emailed the mix the night before, and half of our tech time was wasted because they were downloading it, n we went thought 2 mins of the routine and we were told time is up so with out any problems I said that's fine shit happens and I took my team and left

RJOHAL

gurpsamra said:
They didn't even have it downloaded, I emailed the mix the night before, and half of our tech time was wasted because they were downloading it, n we went thought 2 mins of the routine and we were told time is up so with out any problems I said that's fine shit happens and I took my team and left
Ya, it wasn't downloaded because you were told to bring it with you...our committee members aren't going to be checking their emails if nobody was supposed to send it to us! Gurp this is completely childish, I don't understand what your trying to prove I mean honestly this didn't happen last year with any of the teams or this year except yours. None of your time was wasted because of us, your teams stuff wasnt handed in and me and Taran both contacted you over and over again but at the end of the day taking care of your team is your responsibility. You need to get your mix in, you need to have your ids in, you need to get your forms in...we can't do all of that for you. Rehearsal times we were very explicit that you will only get the time given to you because there are 13 teams. You wanted to switch your slot and we let you. We helped you out as much as we could but I cannot bend rules for your team, its not fair.

Other than that, I wasn't in the room when you downloaded it, all I have is you, Jason, and Mark telling me what happened. I want to believe everyone but what happened happened and none of us can change that now and its not going to make a difference. All I would say is that bring extra copies of your mix always. I take 3 copies of my mix with me to any competition because millions of things happen and we do everything on our part to make sure nothing goes wrong. I think its pointless to begin a big discussion about this now when we already had it before. We don't want you to feel bad either and we just wanted to make sure everyone had a good time.

s.uppal

Are you guys serious right now? Bringing this onto an online forum? When this was resolved done and dealt with at the competition and over how many phone calls?....

To avoid all these kind of dumb issues is the reason Sher Punjab De Committee made it clear to bring YOUR CD!.... A very simple task that is not hard to do and that every other team did do.... I have no idea why the mix that was sent did not play full I don't know if it was OUR fault or Punjabi Beats whose ever fault it was its done now GET OVER IT and LEARN FROM IT!!!!

And regarding the Rehearsal that was just pointless why come to rehearsal without the cd? Not trying to single PB out here but honestly common guys... We have million and one things to deal with on the day of the comp.

Even with the MIX ISSUE Punjabi Beat girls still did a wicked job, being able to continue your routine fully on the dhol is awesome not many teams do that most just freeze and don't know what to do. Should be Proud.

Shit happens at competitions all the time I am not gonna sit here and play the blame game because this is stupid.

GET OFF BTF and deal with it directly and not with the whole WORLD!!!

BYE!

faizan

Just shut up and dance
Teams are responsible for their team mixes being fully downloadable and in the correct format. Never ever make the mistake of relying on the organizers, because they will fudge it up. As far as I am concerned, any issues like this should be resolved and handled by the team captain well in advance of showtime. It's his/her responsibility to avoid any techinical issues within his/her control, and it seems like this was definately in control. Also, this doesn't need to be a public fight, it won't resolve shit if it's public.

JToor

Whats done was done .. the comp is over now so theres no point of starting beef over BTF ..

yeah the team was responsible for the set .. which we did send the night before .. it doesn't matter if it was night before or the same day of the comp ... we notified the committee that we have sent the mix to them ... and they didn't say anything to us about not bring any cds or anything ..

and as the organizers of the comp its your responsibility to review the sets before the comp and check if its long enough ...

and gurp downloaded the set right in front of one of the committee members as well so technically THERE WAS A DOWNLOAD PROBLEM ..

but whatever .. we won't be coming back to SPD so end of story stop making this a big deal. at the end of the day we are Proud of our girls for finishing the set with just dhol

- jaspaul toor

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
RJOHAL said:
Moreover, you were supposed to submit the mix in long before on a cd for the very reason that this type of mess doesn't occur.
^^ This pretty much sums it all up. There is no need to be talking about a download issues, the size of your mix, etc. Your captain effed it up for you by not submitting your mix on a CD to the committee when they had requested it LONG before the competition/tech time was ever setup.

If they had a backup copy of your mix on CD beforehand, then there would be no reason to have issues at tech time or even at the competition, because they could easily just pop the CD in if your digital copy was faulty.

Props to your girls for finishing the set on just dhol, but they honestly shouldn't have had to. End of story. No beef to be had; we all kosher!

~ Basim :)

P.S. Props to the teams that placed & to the organizers for holding a great competition. Let's all be friends now ;)

Jasonkamoh

alright so let you guys know, it was me in the tech room and i was dealing with the sound; first off this was not my first comp> iv done Bigger ones then this one. and i have not been finger pointed by anyteam cause clearly i havnt F*cked n e thing up in the past, so what makes you think that i would do this to your team? or even download a shorten mix?

- During tech time we had to play it off a IPHONE(streaming) beacuse you did not bring a mix in with you,
- regarding the time during; you should of sat there and waited for us to download your mix to confirm it was the right one, but no you just said it was alright and took your team away.
- You mix was downloaded from the email you sent to the commitee member.
- For you saying that you came in the room and downloaded it, i still dont have the FULL one u said i have i still have a 5:15 mix. and if it was so u claim u sent the full one, you should of grabed the head person and brought them in and showed them yourself.

I am not ranting or anything, i just like to clear things up and let everyone know what the real issue was, it was no tech issue's beacuse if it was i had 2 other techs on the side with me.

Other then this , the show was a great show i enjoyed working with NSM^2 and Well done to all the teams that placed and did not place, they all did a wicked job.