Shin Bone Hurtsss

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
Re: Shi* Bone Hurtsss

is it just on the baitka or is it a general pain when dancing that is made worse in the baitka?

research shin splints. We got tons of MD/pre-med but gotta do some legwork first

himynameis

Re: Shi* Bone Hurtsss

AnkurK said:
yea i tend to have the stupidest things happen to me

Swi said:
is it just on the baitka or is it a general pain when dancing that is made worse in the baitka?

research shin splints. We got tons of MD/pre-med but gotta do some legwork first

It happens just when i do a baitka cause i jump on my toes and all the pressure goes to the middle of my shin and it feels like its gonna break

i think it could be shin splints...thats gayyyy cause it says rest and that means no more bhangra for weeks -____-

J Hayer

himynameis said:
i think it could be shin splints...thats gayyyy cause it says rest and that means no more bhangra for weeks -____-
dude, are you for real? if it is due to shin splints, i'd rather cut back on activity for a few weeks than ending up with a stress fracture
and who knows how much "rest time."

himynameis

J Hayer said:
himynameis said:
dude, are you for real? if it is due to shin splints, i'd rather cut back on activity for a few weeks than ending up with a stress fracture
It sounds like shin splints but I'm not 100%
Is it really serious though?

AnkurK

himynameis said:
J Hayer said:
himynameis said:
No. Nothing is more serious than bhangra.

siddyp

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
himynameis said:
J Hayer said:
himynameis said:
dont take it lightly. They suck. go to cvs or some pharmacy and find a 'cold wrap.' its like a blue ace bandage. Wrap it around your leg, lay down on a couch, elevate the legon the couch arm rest and watch a show for 30 mins. It combines the RICE together. rest = laying down, ice = cold from the cold wrap, compression = the wrap, elevation = elevating your leg. This method did absolute wonders when I had them.

J Hayer

siddyp said:
dont take it lightly. They suck. go to cvs or some pharmacy and find a 'cold wrap.' its like a blue ace bandage. Wrap it around your leg, lay down on a couch, elevate the legon the couch arm rest and watch a show for 30 mins. It combines the RICE together. rest = laying down, ice = cold from the cold wrap, compression = the wrap, elevation = elevating your leg. This method did absolute wonders when I had them.
^This. and it can get serious with potential fractures and what not. try the RICE method and if it doesn't help, def get it checked out.
it goes without saying that it makes complete sense to lay off heavy work for a little while

Don

kick a tree using your shins 100 times a day for 3 days a week. in a couple years your shins will then be dense as hell. that's what muay thai fighters do in thailand

hardeep_singh

Jaideep said:
kick a tree using your shins 100 times a day for 3 days a week. in a couple years your shins will then be dense as hell. that's what muay thai fighters do in thailand
lol heavy bag works too and its alot less painful than using a tree. impact hardening = awesomeness

himynameis

siddyp said:
himynameis said:
J Hayer said:
himynameis said:

Only 30 Mins? how long should i lay off the dancing for?

Kush

himynameis said:
siddyp said:
himynameis said:
J Hayer said:
himynameis said:

if its shin splints, you just have to cut back the aggressiveness of the activity. Wear shoes to practice, that will help. Rest alot, ice alot.

For the record, i'm not sur eif its shin splints if its only during behtka, but i dont really get shin splints in bhangra. i got them while running track = higher impact.

siddyp

himynameis said:
siddyp said:
himynameis said:
J Hayer said:
himynameis said:

you don't wanna leave one leg cold for that long. you should def rest for longer, but take the cold wrap off after 30 mins. If both legs are effected then wrap the other. i didn't stop attending practice, but i never did any full run throughs or betka. i wore shoes with proper insoles (superfeet.com you should invest in some immediately (find a dealer near you)) and eased my way back in about 3 weeks later. << dont use 3 weeks as your limit. Listen to your legs. If they're ready then start dancing again, if not don't do it. Wait til they're ready

Gabroo Tv

J Hayer said:
himynameis said:
This is nothing to take lightly... Ask someone going through it... I haven't danced since 07 and I still have moderate to severe pain in my left leg/foot... Unfortunately, I did not treat it when I needed to and the result is what you see... Health always comes first, take rest and go see your Dr. to make sure it's not some sort of fracture...

siddyp

hardeep_singh said:
Jaideep said:
lol heavy bag works too and its alot less painful than using a tree. impact hardening = awesomeness

Hard Body Training

bballkid2592

from what i know..breaking ur shin is really difficult. but if u have shin splints (ive had them)...my coach suggested spreading out a towel on the floor...and then reaching out and rolling the towel up with ur toes and then keep doing that. it strengthens the muscles in ur shins and it should go away after. keep icing though.

Apna_Virsa

it's shin splints and it's caused by the weakness in the tibilias anterior muscles. most people have a weakness in these muscles because they don't use them often, but if you're doing behtkan regularly, then they can become painful. You need to rest, and heat and alternatively ice your shins for a week or so (icy hot or just an ice bag and hot towel works fine). ultimately, you need to strengthen these muscles, so the simplest exercise is to stand on the balls of your feet and raise your toes off the ground repeatedly. you will feel the stress on these muscles and they will be worked out. don't do this until you've rested for a week or so.