Shirt Design Graphics

ankitpatel5

Does anyone have any good graphics (PSD, stock images, etc.) for bhangra that I can use in designing tshirts? Im not a pro but want to mess around with it but cannot find any good high quality graphics any where.

If you have any, please post!

Thanks team!!

Saleem

Staff member
Come on kinnell that's not helpful at all. Ankit, have you tried the standard stock photo sites like istockphoto or shutterstock?

A lot of designs nowadays are using laurel brushes, see AEG's recent shirt design:

See the basis for some of this artwork here:

For example: http://www.shutterstock.com/cat.mhtml?lang=en&similar_photo_id=&searchterm=vector+laurel&anyorall=all&search_cat=&people_gender=&people_age=&people_ethnicity=&people_number=&search_group=all&orient=all&photographer_name=&searchtermx=&safesearch=1&color=

You should also google for Photoshop brushes, which can help you add a grunge or other look.

My word of advice to you: don't overdue it. Some designs nowadays are getting a bit too busy. Simplicity can sometimes give a clearer message.

Saleem

Staff member
You can also find a lot of good artwork by searching DeviantArt. Please make sure to get the artist's permission, don't just steal their stuff.

The stock photos sites aren't free, but they're like $15 for the artwork and that's 100% reasonable IMHO.

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
Also, you can always find pictures online and ask the photographer for permission to make a silhouette/vector. Always make your own btw, or seek permission from owner to use their image or w/e

talk to G&H studios on zenfolio. I've used some of their pictures before and given them due credit and they were great about it

http://ghstudios.zenfolio.com/ (CONTACT THEM FIRST BEFORE USING)

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
+1 to Swi

and Saleem, I'm pretty sure he asked for clipart or ready-made vectors for bhangra. Laurels, crests and wings are nice, but that wasn't what he was looking for nor was it what I was responding to. :)

I'm pretty sure our friend Pragnesh was in the same boat as him once upon a time. If only Swi was there to show him the path. :)