Simon Frasier University (SFU) Elite @ Bruin Bhangra 2009-GTV

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
You guys are good, but your style is very very very similar to DRP's style in terms of dancing and choreography. A lot of your moves are very similar and it some what takes away from the performance. Change your style up and try to create your own style.

Other than that, it was a good performance for sure. Good job, SFU!

Gsimz

Ne Asi Gabroo Desh Punjab De ;)
kinnell said:
You guys are good, but your style is very very very similar to DRP's style in terms of dancing and choreography. A lot of your moves are very similar and it some what takes away from the performance. Change your style up and try to create your own style.

Other than that, it was a good performance for sure. Good job, SFU!
Agreed

Sharin

Thanks guys!! I'm not sure about DRP but as for us.. this is the style that we've been performing to pretty much since 2005... we have added a lot more traditional moves since then but other than that we've always remained true to our style and have made a conscious decision to do so! Actually, I'm fairly certain DRP formed around the same time as us (1999) and seeing as how they're also a co-ed team I guess we've had the same metamorphosis :D!

Underground Gabroo

HarvyJ. said:
didnt soormay do something along the lines of the surfing thing a while back ???
Their version was quite different... If memory serves correct, they had a few team mates hold up a surf board as a member got on it and made motions as if he were surfing... I also believe it was Sim Butalia from KJ that got up on the board, as he used to be on Soormay back in the days...

Kala_J

Underground Gabroo said:
HarvyJ. said:
didnt soormay do something along the lines of the surfing thing a while back ???
Their version was quite different... If memory serves correct, they had a few team mates hold up a surf board as a member got on it and made motions as if he were surfing... I also believe it was Sim Butalia from KJ that got up on the board, as he used to be on Soormay back in the days...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiux0NMbc44

3:38

Kaur

I dont think you guys are anything like DRP at all other then maybe the gimmicks a bit. Routine was good and energy was also great. The problem I see is the same one which Ive been seeing with other teams lately and that is you guys trying to be more traditional which can clearly be seen if compared to the ''old sfu'' but the traditional execution is completly missing. The absence of traditional execution threw the routine off for me.

You guys have great experienced dancers, keep up the good work!

Champion09

anyone have the version of cheeray val gabroo they used...i have a copy but it doesn't have that beginning tune...

abhigames

lots of gimmicks, made it entertaining. kind of sloppy at timesss, but overall great job. i think energy was good, but some of ur dancers looked tired at times. i can see what people are saying about traditional execution, but i think ur dance was lots of fun and i always like the modern mixed with traditional style.