TAG at Bulldog Bhangra V (Balcony View)

Kartik

This was sick! Mad fun to watch, mixing up the order of segments kept me guessing the whole time. Really enjoyed this, awesome job girls!

Austin Powers was dope.

a.bajwa7

Shiaaaatttt. That was insane! Leaves me to wonder, how good was ABC?
I really hope there were no politics involved with the placings :) (Not calling out the competitions credibility)
These girls were phenomenal.

Jabar Jung

fk man, that's the most entertainment I've gotten in 2011 so far. Mind fked me too much.

Good Stamina, Good Dancers, Good everything!!

Ustaad ji= Patiii always :D

faizan

Just shut up and dance
A solid performance no doubt, but I think the complete change-up in segment order hurt you more than it helped you. It seemed "differenent to be different" and lacked cohesion and a natural flow...great ideas, great energy...also, I found that the mix was, as the set, too uncohesive...

Sue Sylvester

kinnell
This would have been a great set just a year ago, but honestly, the bar has been raised higher by BAB and TDot teams. This was nothing special compared to recent standards. And I enjoyed Pao Bhangra and Bhangra Fever sets much more too.

I think you girls are falling victim to the "New Competition - Must Create Completely New Set" mentality. You girls had some great ideas at Pao & Fever that you could have re-invented, or even brought back in its original form. Not everyone watches every performance of every team, so it's sometimes a good idea to reinforce that certain concepts/gimmicks are your own by bringing them back in subsequent competitions. 99% of your audience will probably have not seen your past sets if you're performing there for the first time and only an extra 4% will remember you guys if you are performing there again. You're also able to bring more entertainment value to your routine and it's still respectable as long as you're not bringing back the exact same choreography year after year.

Raashi

i thought this was a sickkk performance!! i liked the fact that the segments were not in a predictable order. especially loved the intro and saap segment.

awesome awesome job. congrats on 2nd!

mrchicity

Sue Sylvester said:
This would have been a great set just a year ago, but honestly, the bar has been raised higher by BAB and TDot teams. This was nothing special compared to recent standards. And I enjoyed Pao Bhangra and Bhangra Fever sets much more too.

I think you girls are falling victim to the "New Competition - Must Create Completely New Set" mentality. You girls had some great ideas at Pao & Fever that you could have re-invented, or even brought back in its original form. Not everyone watches every performance of every team, so it's sometimes a good idea to reinforce that certain concepts/gimmicks are your own by bringing them back in subsequent competitions. 99% of your audience will probably have not seen your past sets if you're performing there for the first time and only an extra 4% will remember you guys if you are performing there again. You're also able to bring more entertainment value to your routine and it's still respectable as long as you're not bringing back the exact same choreography year after year.
I actually disagree with this, I think this routine would have held up pretty well against most of the Bab/Tdot performances. This routine was very clean, there was abundant creativity (maybe not in terms of gimmicks, but in the uniqueness of the choreography), and the skill of each dancer was on point, which is not something the NJW or NYPD performances from Tdot could boast. I thought that this was one of the more entertaining routines I have seen recently, it seemed like a really fun set to perform too.

Jdosanjh

[AVA Girls]
damn that was sick <3 you girls KILLED it!!
Jindys (green girl that was in center for jugni) Unreal !!! :O

Shahrukh

mrchicity said:
Sue Sylvester said:

I actually disagree with this, I think this routine would have held up pretty well against most of the Bab/Tdot performances. This routine was very clean, there was abundant creativity (maybe not in terms of gimmicks, but in the uniqueness of the choreography), and the skill of each dancer was on point, which is not something the NJW or NYPD performances from Tdot could boast. I thought that this was one of the more entertaining routines I have seen recently, it seemed like a really fun set to perform too.
I agree with sue and disagree with karthik, i think the variation is distracting and that the tdot performances were on a level above this, especially nypd and njw. Still a great performance

sumeetj

Shahrukh said:
mrchicity said:
Sue Sylvester said:

I agree with sue and disagree with karthik, i think the variation is distracting and that the tdot performances were on a level above this, especially nypd and njw. Still a great performance
i agree that TAG's dancers were solid back to front (for the most part) as there didnt seem to be anyone slacking or sticking out, which I felt like some dancers were in some of the TDOT teams and BAB teams. i think because tag has all around good dancers they are able to vary their formations as much as they do, which was sick.

i also agree with sue that the different for sake of being different isnt always better, such as doing segments out of order (which was refreshing, but maybe didnt seem to flow b/c of the usual props before general bhangra mindset?) or maybe because there was too long of a break between shikke and khundey, and the khundey segment was pretty short and didnt have much craziness compared to the saaps or the other choreo in general.

overall though sick stuff, you know a team is baller when you are anxiously awaiting what new stuff they will bring each time they perform, and thats what yall do

Bharathi

Awesome set, great energy/choreo/actual ability! An inspiration to all girls teams everywhere, keep up your great work!

Cherag

Green Jodi and Black Jodi ripped it! Great set girls, and I have to say the mix is a lot better for myself than past ASG mixes, it isn't as cluttered as b4 good stuff bro.

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
This video does not give justice to the dancers and the choreo of some segments... GTV is needed asap! I can't wait to see a closer view. But performance looks wicked overall 8)

Manveer & prabhleen (red) straight smashing it, and Simran in ending, WTF girl - sick!! Dhuga & Dey you guys look good in blue, so much more to comment when I see a close up!

PS - The kurtey really take away a lot, seriously... get them shortened and fitted.

himynameis

Mariam said:
This video does not give justice to the dancers and the choreo of some segments... GTV is needed asap! I can't wait to see a closer view. But performance looks wicked overall 8)

Manveer & prabhleen (red) straight smashing it, and Simran in ending, WTF girl - sick!! Dhuga & Dey you guys look good in blue, so much more to comment when I see a close up!

PS - The kurtey really take away a lot, seriously... get them shortened and fitted.

Please dont ever stop dancing lol

Bhogal93

Overall, it was a very entertaining performance, the energy, nakhrah, and the gimmicks were a hit. Dancers matched amazingly. Really feel that this was one of TAG's strongest sets to date. Keep the effort coming girls!

Special shout out to Simran, and Navneet! you guys were amazing :)

singh89

Watching them in person was sickkkkkk!! Gotta say Green jodhi killed it on stage.. TAG needs to come to Cali for more comps lol