• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

TAG Coed @ Bruin Bhangra 2012 Video

sdadoo15

Staff member
if this didn't place then i'm really curious to see the other team's videos. so much energy and such a sick set (especially saap segment)

vstyle692

After watching this, I can't imagine how sick the other videos will be. Beginning of jhumaar was so nasty. Will there be a GTV video for this?

faizan

Just shut up and dance
what was the ending gimmick? could not understand it from this video...

mrchicity

Avengers gimmick, one guy had thor's hammer and another had the captain america shield. I think.

Idk, these are hands down the best dancers in the circuit, but maybe they're bored or something so they modify every single move that they can. Whatever it was, the overall effect was lost on me. Once again, can't say enough about the dancing skill here, but the set was just too weird for my taste, not really a fan.

mrchicity said:
Avengers gimmick, one guy had thor's hammer and another had the captain america shield. I think.

Idk, these are hands down the best dancers in the circuit, but maybe they're bored or something so they modify every single move that they can. Whatever it was, the overall effect was lost on me. Once again, can't say enough about the dancing skill here, but the set was just too weird for my taste, not really a fan.
Personally I liked that they changed up the moves it was pretty cool to see them chang things up!

Vijay

mrchicity said:
agreed. energy was unreal. but the set was like 50% bhangra, only. so many modifications and small little jumping moves made it more of a complex dance routine, although the degree of difficulty was probably highest of the night. that slip in the beginning was rough, even though she recovered.

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
I saw this routine live, and I can say that TAG at least partly fell victim to the insane gimmickyness of the other sets of the night. I didnt get a chance to see ABC (had to leave early) but AEG, Empire, and even DRP had pretty gimmicky routines. Empire, at times, was like a straight magic show/circus act. perhaps that's what the judges were wowed by this year.

another thing that i can say is that in person, from the orchestra level (i don't really know where the judges sit, but i don't think it's the balcony) the set looked really hyper. you can sort of get that feeling from this video too; once it starts, it doesn't slow down. it just goes. at 100 mph. this insane energy made the set, in my opinion, look frenzied, especially in comparison to the other sets of the night.

i'm absolutely in love with the set and the choreo, and i wrote the above not in an attempt to bash TAG, but to just explain what i feel may have been the rationale behind this set not placing.

puttsardar98

Just gotta say MAD props to the girl in the red chunni who slipped. She recovered well and kept going. Takes guts to do that.

Bhogal93

Joris

Yellow - ASG & Tamandeep
Orange - Gagan & Bobby
Blue - myself & Gurkanwal
Pink - Babneet & Navneet
Red - Simran & Sunnena
Greeen - Jindy & Nisha

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Bhogal93 said:
Joris

Yellow - ASG & Tamandeep
Orange - Gagan & Bobby
Blue - myself & Gurkanwal
Pink - Babneet & Navneet
Red - Simran & Sunnena
Greeen - Jindy & Nisha

question: why did you guys opt for same-sex jodis?

smehta313

vstyle692 said:
After watching this, I can't imagine how sick the other videos will be. Beginning of jhumaar was so nasty. Will there be a GTV video for this?

Yes. GTV was at the show. Excited to see a better quality of the video.

puttsardar98 said:
Just gotta say MAD props to the girl in the red chunni who slipped. She recovered well and kept going. Takes guts to do that.

Agreed.

Anik915

Great energy (as expected) from this team. Loved the jugni circle in the corner of stage!

Saw a couple people fall; this may or may not have impacted placings if the teams had small point differences in judging. Also, just want to say that I understand the difficulty of the set...if you're doing that many betkhe, someone is bound to trip up at some point. I don't know if or how the judges considered the difficulty of the performance (but that's a conversation for another thread).

This would have placed at a lot of competitions, really hope to see you guys go Co-Ed again. [SIZE=78%] [/SIZE]