Texas Showdown Bhangra Competition 2009

sulmoney

smd, bitch
having two competitions on the same date in totally different locations is a good thing. more teams can compete and get a chance to perform, and it can help teams that wouldnt normally be able to compete due to travel costs/limitations.

Rupinder Sandhu

sulmoney said:
having two competitions on the same date in totally different locations is a good thing. more teams can compete and get a chance to perform, and it can help teams that wouldnt normally be able to compete due to travel costs/limitations.
I agree with you! Last year we had it on the same day as Boston and everything seemed to go smooth!!

Jeeti

sulmoney said:
+235325 sulman.

Vick

Who cares if you have multiple shows on the same day? And it's Desi Dhamaka that you are competing against, it's not that big of a deal... It's not like Desi Dhamaka is Bruin or something... Do your thing Texas... Make the prize money higher than Dhamaka and you will be fine...

Rupinder Sandhu

Once we go Live, all the information will be available to the public, which includes the registration packet!! I hope I was able to answer your question!

Rupinder K Sandhu
Team Coordinator

Danny

real fun and friendly competition!!!!! big ups to HK Giddha

recommend everyone applies or at least gives the reg. packet some thought we had a blast last November! 8)

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Why do all dancers have to be 17?? :-X :-\

Also I read over the packet and I assume there is no travel or hotel reimbursement? Just checkinn'

Hasit

Mariam said:

Also I read over the packet and I assume there is no travel or hotel reimbursement? Just checkinn'
It's just the minimum age.

"Performers minimum age should be 17 years on or by October 24th, 2009"

jasraj93

Hasit said:
Mariam said:

i dont think that rule applied last year? Did it?

Gagu

Rupinder Sandhu said:
TEXAS SHOWDOWN BHANGRA COMPETITION 2009

We're back!!!! With a huge success from last year, Texas Showdown Bhangra Competition has decided to make its way back on the calendar in hopes for another great year!! We had a phenomenal lineup and anticipate the same for this year!

The date for our event is: Saturday, October 24th, 2009

The venue has been set and is in the works of being posted online. Our website will be up and running in no time. For further assistance, please feel free to contact us via e-mail at txsbc2009@gmail.com . We are looking forward to a great year again!!

Rupinder Kaur Sandhu

Nachda Punjab is also happening on the 24th in san jose....

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Hasit said:
Mariam said:

Yes, I know what it means. I am asking why

Rupinder Sandhu

Mariam said:

It is for liability reasons.

The hotel is at a reasonable rate and we used this hotel last year. Since we are a fairly new competition, I feel that once we get the ball rolling, sometime in the near future, we will be able to help out more with these kinds of things. The rate is for $49 plus tax (13%, I believe), which comes out to be $51.25 per room. The hotels website is : http://www.radisson.com/dallastx_east .

I hope this information helps.

Rupinder Sandhu

jasraj93 said:
Hasit said:
Mariam said:

i dont think that rule applied last year? Did it?
Last year it did not apply, but this year some changes took into place, so we had to set a minimum age requirement. I do apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you or any other team with younger team members.

Rupinder Sandhu

Gagu said:
Rupinder Sandhu said:
TEXAS SHOWDOWN BHANGRA COMPETITION 2009

We're back!!!! With a huge success from last year, Texas Showdown Bhangra Competition has decided to make its way back on the calendar in hopes for another great year!! We had a phenomenal lineup and anticipate the same for this year!

The date for our event is: Saturday, October 24th, 2009

The venue has been set and is in the works of being posted online. Our website will be up and running in no time. For further assistance, please feel free to contact us via e-mail at txsbc2009@gmail.com . We are looking forward to a great year again!!

Rupinder Kaur Sandhu

Nachda Punjab is also happening on the 24th in san jose....

Good luck to them on their competition! It is always nice to have multiple comps in one day. It gives more teams the opportunity to get into comps!