• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Texas Showdown Bhangra Competition 2009

Rupinder Sandhu

Hello again!

Texas Showdown Bhangra Competition is back on the calendar! We are in the works of setting our date. We were thinking Mid/End October. We would like to hear your feedback on when you think would work. Remember, this is a new competition. We are on our 2nd year and are in hopes for being a successful competition like all the others. Your feedback will be appreciated!!

You can e-mail us at txsbc2009@gmail.com or rksandhu82@gmail.com .

Last year our comp was held on November 15th and it was a great turnout! The team lineup was amazing and we do look forward to a great year this year as well. Thank you BTF for all of your help and support!! I will keep you guys posted!!

Rupinder K Sandhu

jasraj93

lastt yearss compp wuss funn buh i suggest if u guys cud get another venuee cuz it made it seem more as a culture show then a competition, buh shud be a good competition:) looken forward to it :D

jvirk

all stars is in mid-late october i believe...idk though

i heard good things about this comp :) :)

Rupinder Sandhu

We are looking for a nicer venue for this year. Once we get the venue we will have the date set, but we are thinking about Mid/Late October. We are just looking for suggestions as to a good date!!

Jasraj... Thank you! We had fun with you guys also!!!

Justin... Glad to know you heard good things about our competition. We are trying our best!!!

Rupinder Sandhu

How does October 24th sound? This is probably what we are aiming for. I just need some feedback on this. Thanks!

Rupinder K Sandhu

Jap Brar

s.rao said:
september would be hard for college teams
the later the better :)
good luckk!
I agree. School starts the last week of August and people are just getting used to their classes during that time. Even more, some teams don't have a chance to develop a strong set over the summer because of vacations, work, summer school, etc. October 24th sounds good.

Rupinder Sandhu

Jap Brar said:
s.rao said:
september would be hard for college teams
the later the better :)
good luckk!
I agree. School starts the last week of August and people are just getting used to their classes during that time. Even more, some teams don't have a chance to develop a strong set over the summer because of vacations, work, summer school, etc. October 24th sounds good.
Thank you Jap!! You ROCK!!!!! Miss ya buddy!!

lavesh

oct 24? :(

thats same day as desi dhamakas bhangra allstar comp....can u do earlier in oct? or perhaps mid nov?

Rupinder Sandhu

lavesh said:

thats same day as desi dhamakas bhangra allstar comp....can u do earlier in oct? or perhaps mid nov?
Most probably the date will be fixed for the 24th. We are just waitiing on our venue... October 3rd is Bulldog so we can't do it then and mid November is Boston Bhangra... We are trying to set a date where there are not any other comps.

Shama

Rupinder Sandhu said:
lavesh said:

Most probably the date will be fixed for the 24th. We are just waitiing on our venue... October 3rd is Bulldog so we can't do it then and mid November is Boston Bhangra... We are trying to set a date where there are not any other comps.

Hayn? lol Sorry, just a little confused. Oct 24th is the Bhangra Allstars competition, but you're probably fixed for the 24th while trying to set a date when there are not any other comps?

How about Oct 17th or 31st? (the weekends surrounding it...) I haven't heard of anything on Nov 7th either yet (correct me if I'm wrong)...but other than that November is full and then you get into finals.

Rupinder Sandhu

Well, I understand where you are coming from, however, since we are a new competition, having it on the same date as Bhangra Allstars won't affect anyone. Plus we have to look at our venues here and that is the best date we can come up with!

I know there are some teams that are going to Allstars that would love to come to TSBC, but based on the venues here, this is what we have to work with. I will most def keep you all posted on the official date within the next few weeks. Thanks!!

Desi Dhamaka

Desi Dhamaka, Bhangra Allstars, Fusion Faceoff...
I know everyone would like to attend most of the comps but sometime promoters have to look at venues timings. And having a comp in Texas on the same day of a comp in NY shouldnt be a problem. Plus nowadays with teams popping up all over the place, there are enough to attend multiple comps in a day. Best of luck to Texas Showdown. Heard you guys had a fantastic first year...

hkgidha

HK GIDHA
Thank you so much Desi! Your comment is really appreciated!! Hopefully in the years to come we will be as successful as many of the comps worldwide!!!

Rupinder Sandhu

Texas Showdown Bhangra Competition 2009 - Date

TEXAS SHOWDOWN BHANGRA COMPETITION 2009

We're back!!!! With a huge success from last year, Texas Showdown Bhangra Competition has decided to make its way back on the calendar in hopes for another great year!! We had a phenomenal lineup and anticipate the same for this year!

The date for our event is: Saturday, October 24th, 2009

The venue has been set and is in the works of being posted online. Our website will be up and running in no time. For further assistance, please feel free to contact us via e-mail at txsbc2009@gmail.com . We are looking forward to a great year again!!

Rupinder Kaur Sandhu

Remy

Just wondering but what is the prize money for this competition? I take it there is only one category?

Rupinder Sandhu

Re: Texas Showdown Bhangra Competition 2009 - Date

Opinder said:
same day as desi dhamaka?
After extensive work on looking for a proper date and venue, we were only able to do October 24th as our date. I am sorry if this conflicts with any other competitions, however, we have to look at what's best for our schedules as well. Desi Dhamaka has confirmed that having this comp on the same day will not conflict with them in any way or form.