The return of Bhangra Blizzard

Waleed

Desi Dhamaka said:
Hey Guys, we are currently working on bringing Bhangra Blizzard back to Buffalo. We are thinking of having the comp in Jan, Feb, or March..Is this doable?? I know Bhangra Fever is sometime in Feb, Desi Dhamaka will be in April, what other shows will be in the spring so we wont conflict??

This is not set in stone. But we are hopefully going to make this a done deal.
Bhangra Blizzard was a very solid competition and has always been organized by students at the University of Buffalo. Will the ex-organizers (cough* Vijay) be a part of this venture or are you just using the name?

siddyp

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
i know feb 27th might end up being your date, but idk how everyone would feel about going to a competition in frigid weather and potentially a shit ton of snow. More than going to the competition in a full jacket, hats, gloves, plus bringing all the cosutumes, props, etc., I hate being cold goin to a party. Idk how many ppl woudl go to an afterparrty if they have to wait in line in the cold for an extended period of time, in buffalo. I kinda am in the dark on this though, in the past, how was this issue handled in the past?

^^ this might also be why you may consider a july comp and changing the cometitions name. The northeast is probably the most beautiful are of the U.S. in the summer. You'll get plenty of independent teams to apply. unless you really want collegiate teams involved. But if this is gonna be run through U of B, then nevermind that.

ahmad

siddyp said:
i know feb 27th might end up being your date, but idk how everyone would feel about going to a competition in frigid weather and potentially a shit ton of snow. More than going to the competition in a full jacket, hats, gloves, plus bringing all the cosutumes, props, etc., I hate being cold goin to a party. Idk how many ppl woudl go to an afterparrty if they have to wait in line in the cold for an extended period of time, in buffalo. I kinda am in the dark on this though, in the past, how was this issue handled in the past?

^^ this might also be why you may consider a july comp and changing the cometitions name. The northeast is probably the most beautiful are of the U.S. in the summer. You'll get plenty of independent teams to apply. unless you really want collegiate teams involved. But if this is gonna be run through U of B, then nevermind that.

Bro the reason its called bhangra blizzard is because its traditionally been a competition during the winter time. Being from New York and the upstate area most teams around here are used to the ridiculous snow and hassles anyways. I don't think there would be a problem doing it in the winter at all...and like i said before, there are so many cali competitions get some more in NY especially during winter time. Its called blizzard for a reason because its during that time period....it traditionally has....

and like i siad before july is not good for collegic teams

Waleed said:
Bhangra Blizzard was a very solid competition and has always been organized by students at the University of Buffalo. Will the ex-organizers (cough* Vijay) be a part of this venture or are you just using the name?
thats a really good point...i was talking to some UB freinds about a month ago and there were lots of talks of bringing it back during that time....so if it were me i would make sure your on the same page with them too

KushK

So if your just taking the name Anil, couldn't you quite possibly consider a summer time, since you already have 2 comps lined up for next winter, i mean just a thought, but as it was mentioned before, having independent teams at your comp could be a very different and unique experience. I don't think I've heard of even 1 comp in july, so dates wouldnt even be an issue. just my 2 cents ;D

Rohit

Bhangra Blizzard in the past has been AMAZING. Competed there for 2years and both years was BOMB. As for the party thing yeh the last yr they had there was a blizzard and we didn't end up going to the club rather just celebrated at the hotel. It has never been a problem though otherwise but a competition in the Summer does sound like a lot more fun.

Gurpreet P.

Do somethign in summer any organizer
it not that much fun going to another city during winter months
a summer comp i really think many teams wil apply

KushK

Lol people really seem to be liking this summer idea. Anil make it happen......

Desi Dhamaka

Desi Dhamaka, Bhangra Allstars, Fusion Faceoff...
Hey guys,

Here is my intentions for the competition. I am not looking to change the competiton. I wanted to run it with the same intentions as was when first formed. However I am looking at making it a great show and will focus on the teams instead of bringing in huge performance acts. I have talked to the founders, current and past ISA board members to be apart of this initiative. Everything looks great thus far. As far as a date everyone seems pretty set on having it in Feb as it was done. Maybe we can do another comp somewhere else in the summer..Sorry Ankush..

KushK

Desi Dhamaka said:
Hey guys,

Here is my intentions for the competition. I am not looking to change the competiton. I wanted to run it with the same intentions as was when first formed. However I am looking at making it a great show and will focus on the teams instead of bringing in huge performance acts. I have talked to the founders, current and past ISA board members to be apart of this initiative. Everything looks great thus far. As far as a date everyone seems pretty set on having it in Feb as it was done. Maybe we can do another comp somewhere else in the summer..Sorry Ankush..
Ahhh i tried lol... Yeah man get a comp for the summer, sounds like a good idea tho :D :D