Top 10 Current Modern Bhangra Teams

Bhangraholic14

hey guys just wondering what you guys thought are the top 10 current modern teams ???, in my opinion i think its:

1. SGPD - ...wow speechless..every comp is something new
2. VCU - by far the best co-ed team
3. NJ - very talented dancers.. mad creative
4. Bhangra Empire - crazyyy in sync
5. Heeray Punjab De - traditional at its finest
6. Shan-E Punjab - pretty sick team
7. NSJ - been around for a while and are growing as a team
8. NYPD - they only had one comp..but these guys there pretty damn good..i see a lot of potential
9. PCAC - hold it down with 12 man sets.
10. GTA/Mehak - if they competed alot more i think they wud win a lot more

lavesh

hmmm...ur list is pretty mucch the same as mine, but i def wouldnt put empire in there...nothin against them, but, in my opinion, they are really bhangra "fusion", not modern...modern, to me, means traditional (not just traditional elements, but executing the moves traditionally as well) with music...empire doesnt really stick to the whole traditional aspect (not to take anything away from their team)...NSJ...they are good no doubt, but maybe not a top 10 team yet...i also feel they have a little bit of a cali style to them, maybe not as traditional as the other teams on this list...

i think the big teams being forgotten at virsa: our tradition, duniya (even though they use excessive stunts/gimmiks, they still execute most moves traditionally...that is just what i remember of them when i last saw them), aeg, and maybe a college bhangra team like drexel (really impressed by them).....could argue a case for PANJ as well, i forgot which vid of theirs' last i saw last, but they looked good too

pluthra

wat do u mean by modern? i think so many people define it on so many different levels....and to rate the teams based on 1 word seems a bit iffy.....I dunno do alot of people have a top 10 most modern/most traditional/etc team???

I def see all these teams listed differently and I dont think I cud compare them with each other...sure every1s got their list of like top faves but most modern? thats a bit confusing

Danny

My definition of Modern: Any team that can place Bruin, Fusion, SoCal and any other modern comp!
You left out every modern team in the scene pretty much

KJ
Drp
Sher
Empire
BMW
Duniya
Etc etc etc

and that's only the West Coast!

jvirk

idk if u mean modern teams..but i think u pretty much said ur top 10 haha

i wud keep all ur teams in there...maybe add empire/drp in there..heeray also..pretty sick..soo much talent out on the bhangra circuit...hopefully it just keeps growing! :)

Sunny

Capital Bhangra
if u have traditional teams then you forgot nachdi jawani and rooh punjab di and siac,nachde shokeen,gabroo shokeen

Nikhil

He mentioned NJ, but he didn't put the other teams because they are Live Traditional. His idea was naming best music/CD teams that are traditional

ban3rg

Bhangraholic14 said:
hey guys..i mean modern as in freestyle..like with music with more of a traditional style
haha yeah, MUSIC, not modern. You can't say "Top10 list of modern" and then put "Heeray - traditional at its finest"?!! And if you say "modern, to me, is traditional" then i guess your list can include anything and everything! but anyways, i don't think it's productive to create these lists anyway, just my 2 cents. (sorry to be so negative, i know if i didn't like the thread i could've just avoided it, but i thought maybe you might want to clarify how modern can also be traditional, even more than you have already).

lavesh

haha, just to clarify, i said "modern, to me, means traditional (not just traditional elements, but executing the moves traditionally as well) with music"

:)

Julio

top 10 teams in my mind that are music are

1 sgpd
2 nj
3 heeray
4. vcu
5.ubc girls ( they place whereever they go)
6. nsj
7. jawani
8. punjabi beat
9. b2b
10. sher foundation

top 10 overall i gotta go with

1. sgpd
2. gabroo shooken
3.rooh punjab di
4. NJ
5. VCU
6. siac
7. nacde shooken
8. heeray
9. GTA
10. UBC

Bhangraholic14

lavesh said:
haha, just to clarify, i said "modern, to me, means traditional (not just traditional elements, but executing the moves traditionally as well) with music"

:)
thats wat iv been trying to say loll thats wat i mean by modern...and to arjun im not tryin to start anything negative from this i jus wanted to know what ppl think because its nice to know how teams are viewed in peoples minds

Chidiya

Overall I'd have to say:

Empire
NJ
BMW
Sher
VCU
SGPD
UBC
Jawani
GTA
Heeray

*in no particular order whatsoever

Julio

i would put empire also i mean there good and all but to me they need to change up there routine in order to make it to the elite...other than that there a great team...

faizan

Just shut up and dance
As far as active teams are concerned, in no particular order

sgpd
nj
vcu
empire
aeg
bmw
shaan-e
heeray
panj

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
to me, modern teams are those who are still dancing in the pre-2006 era. Still trying to get creative with their gimmicks, formations, 8-16 count moves, singing while dancing, execution of moves aren't traditional......you get my point. Teams that dance on music like VCU, NJ, GTA, Davis, Drexel are still traditional teams to me. The fact that they dance on music doesn't make them modern.