• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Toronto Elite Bhangra at Dhol Di Awaz 2009

faizan

Just shut up and dance
1. spread out your formations, you guys looked really crowded.
2. clean your formations, way too many guys off.
3. sychro. your hands way more, and standardize moves. I noticed the blue jodi was doing its own thing a lot.
4. your singer was not the best.
5. your routine was a little dull.

Overall a great performance though, only giving you the criticisms so you guys can improve.

I hope you guys appreciate this more so than the people who just come on here and hype you up but give you nothing of substance. Not you in particular, but all teams.

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Canada's version of an Indian team. Amazing Job! The only thing was that your WOW factor came in the form of the entire performance, which is fine, but as faizan pointed out, you need more coordination to get more WOW out of his segment.

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
faizan said:
are you serious? hahahaha thats jaswant kala sanghiawala! that guy's voice is nuts!

Jason

faizan said:
1. spread out your formations, you guys looked really crowded.

5. your routine was a little dull.
1. formations were fine for a live team, when u watch india videos they arent "spread out"
4. singer was dope
5. and the set wasn't dull, its what you expect from a live team

..same fits as SIAC

Kanvar

Why So Jaloose?
seemed like there was a lack of intensity that you get when you watch india videos; not sure if its the view from above rather than down in front where u can see faces.

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
btw this was a SICKKKK routine. I was not expecting this at all. TEB definitely lived up to their hype. Totally deserved first.

Kanvar

Why So Jaloose?
yeah ill second that...they totally deserved first. but nachdi close second haha.

HarmanSingh

It was a solid routine but I think the formations were off at times (ie: the first formation was not spaced correctly and at around 2:57 the V was favoring one side way too much). Some of those formations mistakes were pretty clear.

I liked the singer, but I did not think the dancers had a lot of intensity in the performance at times. It came and went, as some parts looked great and others just okay. It did look a little dull to me too, probably because a number of the guys were doing moves different than the rest of the team (nakhra is good but when it stands out from the rest of the team either everyone else has to pick it up or you have to calm down).

But def. a good performance, just some small critiques.

Sunny B

ਪੁਰਜਾ ਪੁਰਜਾ ਕਟ ਮਰੈ ਕਬਹੂ ਨ ਛਾਡੈ ਖੇਤੁ...
Singer is Sickk..... The way he did the shayer in starting..i couldn't stop my feet from dancing....  :p

faizan

Just shut up and dance
(nakhra is good but when it stands out from the rest of the team either everyone else has to pick it up or you have to calm down)
that's what i meant.

gdholi7

Meistro said:
faizan said:
are you serious? hahahaha thats jaswant kala sanghiawala! that guy's voice is nuts!
he was okay to be honest he couldve done better but i heard he never sang for a team for his first time singing those bolis it wasnt that bad though

MPElive

Ehhh Folllkkkkkk Ahhh !!
Juggy on the Dhol & Lovie on the Chimta.. Classic!!

Was the singer really Jaswant Kalasanghiawala? Where did you guys pick him up from?

The routine was amazing but the execution could have been bit better. Look out for your formations as well as you can notice it more in the second video. You guys proved majority of us wrong and have done an awesome job. Looking forward to your next performance.