• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

TUB Practice Video and Mix for VPD

SWEETaadmi786

This is a video of Temple University Bhangra at a small show on campus. We used this as a practice for Virsa Punjab Da, even tho the stage in the video like 3 times smaller. Although this is not all out, if you could critique us, that would be great.

Tub Culturefest

I am also attaching our mix for VPD!
We using this as our Routine over the summer, so if you're gonna steal it, I suggest you do it afterwards! ;) 8)

Attachments

Gabru13

HanJii
i see more kathakali dance then bhangra and please do less judo karate, clean your moves and everyone is doing there own thing. good luck with everything have fun in summer.

Avneeto

Hey its a good start for a new team. I wanna start off by saying you guys def gotta complete moves, like pick your legs up and extend your arms. And check out videos on youtube, like the Elite 8 ones that are being released from GTV. You can see how all the moves should be properly executed and nakhre, etc.
Hope it helps and see you at BB!

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
I think the stage size was definitely a factor in some of the mistakes but a few things I noticed:

add as much more grace as you can. For instance during the jhummar (rumaalan song) no one bends at any point! everyone is literally standing for every beat and it looks very choppy that way. Try to flow steps better

Phumanian at around 2 min looked a bit weird. Usually phumanian is 2 beats where you raise your right leg, then 4 double beats of kicking left right, then you rotate and end in a jugni pose....seems you cut the 4 double beats of kicking. If it's purposeful that's fine, but it was just a bit odd first time through

Ricky916

I think that u guys really should work on not dancing flat footed, and dance on ur toes, and u guys really dnnt complete moves or look lik a unite alot of ppl ddnt dance lik the person nxt to them.
And u guys also did jhoomer 3 dif times bt I guess that jst comes with the style of ur team!!
Bt goodluck with ur guys team! :)