Vancity Bhangra @ Worlds Best Bhangra Crew 2014 (GTVHD)

Gabroo Tv

This is Vancity Bhangra performing in a match-up against Anakhiley Gabroo @ Worlds Best Bhangra Crew 2014. Vancity Bhangra won this match-up.

Vancity Bhangra @ Worlds Best Bhangra Crew 2014

A huge Thank You to Ash (from AEG) and Jessie (who drove out from Philly) for operating additional camera's this weekend for me. They're the ones who deserve the credit for the pre and post performance clips you're seeing. They were by my side the entire weekend and without their help, all this additional footage would not have been possible. Love you guys!

Dancers:
Green: Kabeer Panesar / Devinder Bhuller
Red: Sagar Patel / Akash Patel
Blue: Evraj Sandhu / Supreet Chahal
Yellow: Rajan Njjar / Shubhkaran Chouhan
Black: Jimmy Dhesa / Preetpal Gill
Pink: Ajay Var / Simar Dhiman

Songs:
Heartbreaker
Jugni Ji
Nakreh Bin Soni Teemi
Kabza
Rumaal
Nachne Nu
Billo
Yaar Gadaar
Ik Benere
Aj Din Kushian Da
Putne Put Sardara De
Phatte Chak
Sher Punjabi
Tharthi Hildi
Nishana

karandeol

Too many rookies, not enough GABROOS
I really liked how you guys embraced the whole rivalry aspect of the matchup, the chimta thing was pretty clutch lol.

Gopi D

Lol finally get to watch the video and dancing is straight on point !
Bhangra > everything :) Kabeer man your speeches in the beginning are always the best! Haha imma call you before warrior ;) congrats nonetheless boys! See you guys real soon :)

Anik915

[SIZE=small]What I loved: [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=small]Harjot, great video work. So cool flowing the pump up speech into the performance so well, really got me pumped![/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=small]I was a big fan of the choreography in this performance. It was very fun, high energy, and kept the audience VERY engaged. Some of my favorite parts were in saaps when you all kicked your legs out in the middle of a betkha and exploded out after it. I was a big fan of the Khunde choreo and style as well. It was very delicately matched up with the music. I was smiling through out :) You guys keep the choreography consistently hard hitting, and utilize your amazing mixes to back it up! [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=small]The slow down gimmick: My jaw dropped seeing that live. You have really expanded that idea to its fullest. Love the creativity, and love that it's integrated with Bhangra (with betkhe and props and the coffee grinder move - that doesn't look easy, big props on that!) [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=small]You own your style: no team looks like you guys. Your performances are funny, smart, and innovative - and there is something distinct about you guys that cannot be replicated.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=small]Movement: There was a lot of quick, energetic movement in this set! I love that, and I think it maintains dynamism during a performance. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=small]The dancing: You guys have fun on stage, and therefore, the audience has fun watching you! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]Things to possibly improve/consider:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=small]I thought there were too many gaps in dancing. 1) 1:04 -1:47 - there was no bhangra in this time. While I thought the beating up gimmick was actually pretty funny, I don't think it can compare to your choreography and dancing ability, I'd rather see more time allocated to that :) 2) 2:31-2:52 - It took a lot of time to set up the gimmick, and a lot of time to start the next segment. I think this reduced the flow of your set. I did think the concept was pretty innovative and cool - maybe you guys can set it up faster. One of the cool things about NYPD's pyramid is that it happens so fast, in the blink of an eye. That would be cool if you guys did it at that pace - could really make the gimmick a full package :) 3) 5:16- 5:26 - another 10 second gap that I thought could have been utilized better. 4) 5:52 - 5:55 - another stop that I didn't think helped you much. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=small]Some of the younger dancers weren't smiling as much in the beginning, but then as they built more confidence during the performance, I saw all the smiles really shining on stage. Next time, come out on stage and know you're one of the bests. You guys are ridiculously cool, and are crowd favorites, your smiles and nakhra help bring this all together :) (However, your set looks very detailed and difficult to execute, so I can see how this performance would be slightly stressful!) [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=small]Although there was a lot of movement, it was hard to identify formation concepts (although there were several at the end). I'd love to see you guys execute more detailed formations throughout the dance! [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=small]I, alongside many of my team members, thought the ending was cute & funny. But I think with an expansion of this idea, you could really end the set with a bang! Maybe put the chimta player on a rolly chair and kick the chair so it rolls across the stage so he disappears off stage. You guys are funny, and I think can really make your ending hit even more! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]Personally, you guys have been one of my favorite all guys team for some time now. You own your style, entertain the audience, and have fun! You're doing all the right things - keep it up! I know you guys have great leadership - HK has helped us out a lot in the past, and it definitely translates into your excellent team dynamics. Spoke to many of you throughout the weekend, and you guys are nice, kind, humble guys that are doing a good thing for Bhangra. Much love! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]~Anik [/SIZE]

kpanesar

Why walk when you can dance
Thank you for the kinds words!
First of all a big shout out goes to our fans back home in Vancouver and all over the world as well. We would also like to thank Mr. Harjot Hundal for the sick video, the videos are probably what makes us most happy about a competition. Congrats to all the other match up winners and to Cornell Bhangra for the winning the entire comp. Also, to Ankhiley Gabroo, you boys held it down! thanks for making the weekend feel like less of a rivalry and more of a friendly dance off. You boys have a great future in bhangra ahead of you, keep doing what you do!

The weekend could not have gone better and we have the whole WBBC committee to thank for that! Ankush, Ash, Sandy, Jaggi, Disha, Sargam and our homie Richie, Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all the small and big things you guys accommodated for us for the weekend. So far, this is the committee to beat! I could sit here and write everything you guys did but honestly, there were way to many to name.

Finally, thanks to all the VanCity Bhangra boys for holding it down on stage, we have come pretty far and I believe its because of a few simple words: "When we're old and grey, we're arent going to count the trophies on the wall but the memories and friends we made"

Please leave some criticism for us to improve on and stuff we did well on! we are all about entertaining the audience so we want to know what you all want to see next!

Thank you

-Kabeer Panesar
-VanCity Bhangra

Kaur

• [/size][/font]
You're doing all the right things - keep it up! I know you guys have great leadership - HK has helped us out a lot in the past, and it definitely translates into your excellent team. Much love! [/size]

[SIZE=small]~Anik [/SIZE]
[/quote]

Thanks Anik! But the real leadership credit goes to Kabeer, Guriqbal and others. I just try to keep them all sane, act as a psychologist when needed, throw in my ideas once in awhile and steal the pretty trophies aka bruin one lol.

I will take credit for the cornell help though ;) jk lol

DamanSingh

Enjoyed this performance!

I don't think having the AG guy tied to the chair contributed much to the set, and I think you could have done without it. I didn't like the fact that you lost an otherwise mobile chimta player due to that gimmick. If I see someone holding a chimta, I would prefer to see him/her be mobile and interact with the audience. Playing the chimta sitting down does not produce the same effect. And I understand that it was part of the gimmick, but I thought it would have been better to leave the chimta out entirely. I didn't enjoy seeing it played sitting down, with no energy or nakhra.

I like the shikke segment, and thought the carnival hammer gimmick was pretty cool. For the khunde segment, I like the combination of "Jugni Ji" with the Balwinder Safri song in the mix. I think it suits your team's style very well. You guys killed it there. The rumaal segment fit nicely with the first song. I'm glad you used KS Makhan's Billo for your jhoomer song. I've been waiting for a team to use that track, and I'm glad one finally did.

Slow mo segment is so sick!

Lots of energy and great nakhra throughout the routine.

Congrats on the match-up win, and hope to see you guys perform on the East Coast again soon!