VCU elite 8 2011

ENVY BANG-RUH

Let the music move you!!!!!
"Dil da mamla"

There's always something that makes me love vcu bhangra more and more. And picking that song was the kicker.

Getting dancers from the other squads was a great concept too.

randz728

ahhh wicked idea ! loved the performance....VCU never fail to impress ! some of the nakhra was f**kin sikkkk !

thatpunjabikid

Wow that is amazing of VCU, champs from last year, not really in it to win it, looks as if they didn't care too much about 1st this year. Amazing idea of great sportsmanship. Great job guys. 8)

Gurnak

Shaan Punjabi/ Leicester University/PAEDS Team
Loved the professionalism and sportsmanship of all the other teams who got involved in the routine!!! Cant think of any of other events/comp where members of opposing teams would assist other teams so good on all of you!!! Well done to all teams at ELITE 8 2011, all winners!

faysal

it wasn't people from those teams, just other people in their vardiyan, i.e. it was jaggi (aeg) in a sgpd vardi n i noticed the aeg gloves also :p lol but still a nice gesture of course from the teams.

hardeep_singh

faysal said:
it wasn't people from those teams, just other people in their vardiyan, i.e. it was jaggi (aeg) in a sgpd vardi n i noticed the aeg gloves also :p lol but still a nice gesture of course from the teams.
jaggis gonna be like 90 yrs old and still gonna find some way to be on stage during bhangra performances

Jattstar

faysal said:
Makes sense because i was wondering how they could take such a gamble by relying on reps from other teams to execute the choreo well

HarmanSingh

Tough to say a lot because we cant see formations at all from this angle but the dancing seemed to be good (again from what little part of the stage we see). But the gimmick of using other teams' vardis didn't work that great. Yes, it was interesting but because it was so spread through the routine I was thinking about what team was going to be presented next rather than paying attention to the actual performance. And altering moves based on other teams' styles just seemed to take away too much from VCU's own great style.

Kush

as for the performance. Best VCU perf of the year, but the nakhreh was severly lacking, esp from some of their veteran, experienced dancers, the guys specifically

Blue jorhi is the only one where both guys were maintained smiles. Half of yellow looked tired 3 mins in, and red, though energetic, one was never smiling. seemed bored.

I liked the concept of a homage to the teams, just didnt hit as well it seems like based on the video.

Execution was VCU clean. hard to see form this angle but seemed on point. I enjoyed it!