Voting Method Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
After witnessing cheating and the creating of fake accounts for the mixing ladder polls. We will be resorting to what we mods see as a more trustworthy method of having to post your votes for each matchup. The previous polls will be voided from consideration and this week's poll will have to be revoted on through posts. Votes will only be considered by legit accounts. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Your Mixing Ladder Mods,
Gurek
Harry
Harman

kman58

would this not influence people's voting decisions? if someone sees a mix get a lot of votes, or if on the main page one mix thread has a lot more votes people won't check the others? is there some way around this (like making the posts hidden to mods only?)

iJatt

kman58 said:
would this not influence people's voting decisions? if someone sees a mix get a lot of votes, or if on the main page one mix thread has a lot more votes people won't check the others? is there some way around this (like making the posts hidden to mods only?)

If you cant comfortably formulate and share your own opinion in 2016 then you have a problem. This method worked last year so i'm sure it will be fine.

HdBrar

Welcome to the Dark Side.
iJatt said:
kman58 said:

If you cant comfortably formulate and share your own opinion in 2016 then you have a problem. This method worked last year so i'm sure it will be fine.

Kman58 has a point. To make things 100% impartial and keep the bias low, it probably would be in the best interest to keep the votes secret to just the admins or the mods, if possible. Just as you don't public have to announce your vote for an election, doesn't mean everyone needs to know who you voted for as the "better" DJ.

iJatt

HdBrar said:
iJatt said:
kman58 said:

Kman58 has a point. To make things 100% impartial and keep the bias low, it probably would be in the best interest to keep the votes secret to just the admins or the mods, if possible. Just as you don't public have to announce your vote for an election, doesn't mean everyone needs to know who you voted for as the "better" DJ.

Are you really comparing a DJ mixing ladder to the election? At this point you're asking too much for this "friendly" competition. Keep it easy on the mods and if the ladder is a long term success then consider adding these technicalities

HdBrar

Welcome to the Dark Side.
iJatt said:
HdBrar said:
iJatt said:
kman58 said:

Are you really comparing a DJ mixing ladder to the election? At this point you're asking too much for this "friendly" competition. Keep it easy on the mods and if the ladder is a long term success then consider adding these technicalities

People play favorites all the time, there's not a single person who wouldn't. To be fair to everyone, it just seems like the best thing to do by limiting the views per song and likes on the soundcloud account. I'm not saying it should be a permanent thing, just kept secret until the post voting is over after each week. It's certainly a "friendly" competition, but I'm sure some people here take it seriously. Everyone's got a motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.