Week 1 - BTF Ladder -14. Dj Aka$h vs 11. Dj Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

PartyJatt

No poll. You must post in the thread to vote. The votes of users with less than 15 *counted* posts will not go towards the total.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/week-1-btf-ladder-14-dj-aka-h[/soundcloud]
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/week-1-btf-ladder-14-dj-aka[/soundcloud]

-----------
Results (only members with at least 10 votes counted)
DJ 1- 26
DJ 2- 8

Solid victory for DJ 1, congrats on the win!

Note: I'm not sure who DJ 1 is, Jaideep will have to comment only he knows. secretsssss you know?

Attachments

Multani

Both mixes were strong..creativity was lot more in 1 than 2. EQ was pretty much on same level with both mixes. Good job.

I gotta go with the first soundcloud link. (guessing DJ1)

HdBrar

Welcome to the Dark Side.
Yeah, same. This one is gonna' be a close one. I def preferred DJ 1. DJ 2 did a good job though.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Great job by both DJ's! A lot of unique concepts.

My vote: DJ 1

Absolutely loved the intro of DJ 1 with the "buildup" until 0:11ish and the drop right after. There was a smooth transition to the lyrics at 0:17ish. I liked the voice effect at 0:25-0:28 ish and the deeper bass that kicked in right away. I kinda wish you dropped the heavy bass beat and tried to add one last unique element/variation because from 0:28ish to basically the end of the mix (0:48), that low Khz bass took over the mix. Great job with the EQ throughout the mix though - really felt things "pop" at the right time.

DJ 2 - your intro left me disappointed. If you compare the first 12 seconds of each of your mixes, DJ 1's intro brought me into his mix a lot more. I liked the "slow down"/voice echo effect from 0:23-0:35, but I was looking for more hype in the mix afterwards which never came. Your mix seemed "stagnant" and I felt you could have reached outside of your comfort zone a bit more.

~ Basim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.