Week 1: Group A (VOTING CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TegHans

BTF Mixing Mod
Below are the mixes for Group A of the Qualifying Round in the mixing ladder! Please vote by ranking your TOP 2 from the mixes below. Feedback is also welcome, and encouraged!

Voting closes on Thursday, May 7th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to valid BTF accounts. Newly made accounts will be monitored for possible foul play.

ATTENTION MIXERS:
As a reminder, if mixers vote on every other group matchup for this week, they will have 2 votes added to their own matchup’s tally in their favor!

All DJs were assigned the song Mundri Nishani, linked below:

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

DJ 3:

DJ 4:

DJ 5:

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
My 1st place: DJ 2
My 2nd place: DJ 4

DJ 1 - just your average mix; I didn't feel there much that "stood out." Perhaps too much compression?
DJ 3 - Don't feel that rap stuff hit too well with the original song
DJ 5 - hurt my ears, too many clashing sounds

~ Basim :)

swisscheese

It's gotta be DJ 2 and DJ 4 for me!

DJ 1: Good job with the trap beat but not enough melodic content
DJ 2: Loved the vibe - really creative direction to go
DJ 3: The percussion and the layered melody were clashing with the original song and really hid it. Also the second melody didn't match the key signature of the original song
DJ 4: Loved the crescendo throughout the segment. Could have used a bit more bass at the end since you start with so much. EQ otherwise was great and the song still showed through well
DJ 5: The overlapped song was def not key matched to the original song. Good job distorting the mix but there wasn't a concrete trap or dhol beat to latch on to, so it seemed a bit overwhelming

Status
Not open for further replies.