Week 1: Group B (VOTING CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasnoor98

BTF Mixing Mod
Below are the mixes for Group B of the Qualifying Round in the mixing ladder! Please vote by ranking your TOP 2 from the mixes below. Feedback is also welcome, and encouraged!

Voting closes on Thursday, May 7th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to valid BTF accounts. Newly made accounts will be monitored for possible foul play.

ATTENTION MIXERS:
As a reminder, if mixers vote on every other group matchup for this week, they will have 2 votes added to their own matchup’s tally in their favor!

All DJs were assigned the song Jatt Dil Da Bura Ni (feat. Kaka Bhainiawala) , linked below:

Each mixer's submissions are also listed below anonymously.

DJ 1:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DJ 2:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DJ 3:

DJ 4:

DJ 5:

Last edited:

swisscheese

My vote goes to DJ 1 and 3!

DJ 1 EQ was wonderful and ambience was all there so great work!
DJ 2 Super creative stuff man! Unfortunately the audience for this competition prob wouldn't love the dubstep and I thought overpowered the original song a bit
DJ 3 EQ for this one was also great and tempo changes were great! I would urge against using the same riser again and again when there isn't much of a drop in the second half of the mix - it'll lose it's significance in the grand scheme of things if you put this in a 7 minute set
DJ 4 Syncopations of the trap beats were wonderful! I woulda worked on the EQ and tried to have some more melodic and ambient qualities to it - felt a bit empty at times
DJ 5 Liked the reverb at the start of the mix and liked the song choice. I think, however, that in the middle of the mix the compression started messing with the integrity of the audio quality and I get that you were matching relative minor and major key signatures but the vibe changed when the different songs took over. Good potential

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
My 1st place: DJ 1
My 2nd place: DJ 2

DJ 1 - damn, that was hot. Super creative intro and sound clips thrown in. Great concept and executed really well.

DJ 2 - very interesting take. I admire the risk taken. Intro (first 10 seconds) was great; the mix was mastered really well, probably the best of all mixes in this group. Although at times it felt like a little too much going on for my taste (i.e. 0:18-0:19). Favorite part of the mix was 0:32 onward, but wish your extended the lows a little more - I wanted to hear SLIGHTLY heavier bass during the last part without it overpowering the lyrics (tough balance, I know).

DJ 3 - loved your use of tempo changes! When going from slow to hyper fast, after 0:35, I wish you had added a solid drop & added some heavy bass, then REALLY slowed down the song for the outro. I was looking for something a little more to put in you into the top 2 in this group. It was really difficult deciding between you and DJ 2 tbh.

DJ 4 - your mix just had me waiting for something "more" - it didn't excite me as much as the rest of the mixes. For example, I was expecting something incredible right after the fade at 0:05, but all that was there was just clever use of the snare drums

DJ 5 - your mix was well produced and the bass really hit hard. I wish your mix has a little bit more uniqueness to bring it into the top 2, but it was still well done. For example, I really liked what you incorporate at 0:20-0:24, but I wish you continued a bit of the creativity right after to give the listener something different/unique. I also loved your incorporate of the rap lyrics after 0:30.

~ Basim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.