Week 1: Group E (VOTING CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mans

BTF Mixing Mod
Below are the mixes for Group E of the Qualifying Round in the mixing ladder! Please vote by ranking your TOP 2 from the mixes below. Feedback is also welcome, and encouraged!

Voting closes on Thursday, May 7th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to valid BTF accounts. Newly made accounts will be monitored for possible foul play.

ATTENTION MIXERS:
As a reminder, if mixers vote on every other group matchup for this week, they will have 2 votes added to their own matchup’s tally in their favor!

All DJs were assigned the song Kali Kitte Mil , linked below:

Each mixer's submissions are also listed below anonymously.

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

DJ 3:

DJ 4:

No submission: This DJ has been removed from the ladder as a result.

DJ 5:

DJ 6:
Uploaded to Google Drive due to copyright

Last edited:

Jasnoor98

BTF Mixing Mod
A classic song!

My votes would have to go to DJ 3 and 5.

DJ 1: I think the Tyga song fits well with the mix, but the sample in the beginning seems slightly off key-wise. The bass seems to drown out much of the other instrumentation (which might be from heavy side-chaining or too long a release), and the pattern seems a bit off with the song. I do like the other instrumentation and think it could be brought more into focus! Good work still though!

DJ 3: The sample seems to have a bit abrupt of an insertion into the mix, but otherwise, I think the instrumentation is great!

DJ 5: The melodies and all samples are super well integrated and key-matched! I'm definitely a fan. Love the amount of layering that was done here with enough attention to all parts of the mix.

sriharifez

my votes are 3 and 5. i keep replaying #5 in particular, the arrangement is sickk, lots of fun moments

fully agree with Jasnoor98 above about the feedback for #1 - there's some sick moments but also some off pitch parts and another where a random 2 count is added. that aside, macarena with a dhol beat sounds better than i expected :0

Status
Not open for further replies.