• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 1 Matchup 14: Venk1 vs. MSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasnoor98

BTF Mixing Mod
Linked below are the mixes for matchup 14 of our first week in the mixing ladder! Both DJs were assigned the song 3 Lakh Chandigarh Returns by Ranjit Bawa, linked below.

Each mixer's submissions are also listed below anonymously.

DJ 1's rendition:

DJ 2's rendition:

You can vote by commenting below with your choice of which DJ (1 or 2) mixed the song more effectively. Feedback is also welcome.
Voting closes on Thursday, June 28th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to those with 10 or more BTF posts. Your vote will not be counted if you do not have at least 10 posts.

GSingh

DJ 1 - I liked the use of Just a dream. Gave it a really pleasant vibe. Def a lot of room for improvement on the vocal end -- sounds really harsh and low qual.

Dj 2 - it's clean but very little creativity. Feels like dj's are just sharing a template with preset tracks for kicks, hats, snares and hoi's. All that's left to do is drag and drop the song and add crashes at the drops.

Vote: DJ1.

MohitoK

I vote DJ 1. I loved the first concept, but not feeling the quality of the percussion. Snares in particular were dead.

DJ 2 was clean but lacked layering and sounded overly compressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.