• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 1 Matchup 15: DJ A2 vs. paaji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasnoor98

BTF Mixing Mod
Linked below are the mixes for matchup 15 of our first week in the mixing ladder! Both DJs were assigned the song Haan Kargi by Ammy Virk, linked below.

Each mixer's submissions are also listed below anonymously.

DJ 1's rendition:

DJ 2's rendition:

You can vote by commenting below with your choice of which DJ (1 or 2) mixed the song more effectively. Feedback is also welcome.
Voting closes on Thursday, June 28th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to those with 10 or more BTF posts. Your vote will not be counted if you do not have at least 10 posts.

jasvig

Jaskirat Vig
DJ1: The background beat was hot but it was too loud, it was pretty hard to hear the vocals and their quality was sharply reduced. I also think the drop came in a bit too early.
DJ2: The background cricket noise was too loud imo but I liked all the effects you added.
I vote DJ1.

Raghavtrip

DJ1: agree that the drop came in a bit too early, the beat was sweet but it felt a bit overwhelming right before and right after the drop
DJ2: Loved the synth noises and all the effects, the maraca could be a bit quieter but it definitely adds to the vibe

I vote DJ2

UmerQureshi96

Staff member
I loved the effects and the overall concept of DJ 2 much more, but agree that needs to be mixed a bit more cleanly. A lotta stuff sounds muddy. Gonna go with DJ 2

Sparsh

Loved the funkiness of DJ 2 - a fresh take on a bhangra mix. Cricket sound was a little annoying by the end though. Like the beat on DJ 1 but it just sounded distorted and the early beat drop was just offputting.

DJ 2 has my vote

GSingh

DJ 2 damn swaggy ass -- def work on levels though. Could be a hot ass mix if you make a full version.

Dj1 I waited for the vocals to come up to regular EQ but it was the same throughout which was sorta blue balls but overall vibe was pretty dope with the beat.

DJ 2 for swagginess. I lowe swing.

MohitoK

I vote DJ 2. That syncopated instrumental in the background was way too loud though.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
DJ 1 - wish there was more separation in your mix. I liked that you changed the tempo of the original song, but I didn't like the bass overtone throughout the entire mix. There was a lot of build up before 0:52 in your mix, but then I wish you had something different with the drop and the mix afterwards. Overall, I feel you mix could have used more variety.

DJ 2 - loved the beat that you used. As others stated, I wish the "cricket sound"/"maraca" wasn't as prominent. It was more prominent than even the vocals of the song. Cleaner of the two mixes, but I feel you may need to do more if you face tougher opponents in the future.

My vote: DJ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.