Status
Not open for further replies.

TegHans

BTF Mixing Mod
Matchup 3:

The original song was Jatt Dil da Bura Ni by Randy J & Kaka Bhaniawala:

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

You can vote by commenting below. Voting closes on Thursday at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to those with 10 or more BTF posts. Your vote will not be counted if you do not have at least 10 posts.

jasvig

Jaskirat Vig
DJ1: Great mix overall, my only complaint is the end had way too much stuff going on, it all clashed.
DJ2: Great fundamentals but buildup was really lacking and drop didn't hit. There needs to be more contrast throughout the segment. It basically sounded the same start to finish.
I vote DJ1.

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
DJ 1

shh sample before the drop was fire, but shoehorning Talk is Cheap into the mix for no real reason was jarring

Sparsh

DJ 1 had a classic segment flow but did not like the mess at :48 and beyond. Well done and fun to listen to.
However, I thought DJ 2 was cleaner overall and had a simple drop. Got repetitive at the end with the repeated pauses.
DJ 2 for me

GSingh

DJ2 -- I liked that there were tempo variations and beat variations that complemented the original. Went off in some places

DJ 1 - consistent.

Vote: DJ 2

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
DJ 1 - loved the tempo & change of pace. Very well done overall. I agree with jasvig though, I heard a lot of clashing toward the end.

DJ 2 - With that intro, I was expecting a better drop and transition into a mix that had more hype at the beginning (the mix sounded too "static" at the start). What I really loved was the slow down in tempo at 0:49 and then you bringing it back to the original tempo cleanly. I wish there a bit more change of pace though (like a segment that had the vocals speed up - i.e. like right before that 0:49 tempo would have sounded amazing & spotlighted your tempo changes even more for the listener). Honestly, I feel the bass was over-pronounced in your mix.

My vote: DJ 1

~ Basim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.