• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 1 Matchup 5: DJ MOMO vs. Wadz

Status
Not open for further replies.

TegHans

BTF Mixing Mod
Matchup 5:

The original song was Charhi Jawani by Jazzy B:

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

You can vote by commenting below. Voting closes on Thursday at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to those with 10 or more BTF posts. Your vote will not be counted if you do not have at least 10 posts.

srikarran

BTF Mixing Mod
Both DJ's did a good job with the mixdown. Levels were on point and the mixes had a full feeling! Good Job!

DJ 1, mix was very clean. The choice of instruments you added really complimented each other and the original song.

DJ 2, the concept was good and your intro into Charhi Jawani was nice but I was not impressed with the slow down drop. At the slowed down portion, the layers used felt very similar to the pre drop and it was in no way different apart from being slow.

This was very close for me and I vote for DJ 1.

UmerQureshi96

Staff member
Damn this was hard, but gonna go with DJ 1, liked that song's sample and its incorporation more

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
both were swaggy af but DJ 1 takes it, even though their mix sounded slightly less clean than DJ 2

the ride cymbals in one of the beats you used, DJ 1, make the whole mix sound crowded and noisy

GSingh

DJ 1: grime was unreal. Loved the west coast synths in the left channel. Overall a very smooth vibe. lowe it.

DJ 2: I wasn't feeling the english vocals -- didn't really play much relevance to the punjabi song. The kicks felt a bit too sharp for me -- gave off an electronic feel rather than that really heart pounding analog feel this song needs. Would have liked to see some variation on the slow down instead of just a tempo change.

Overall, two very strong matchups honestly -- both DJ's did well but vote: DJ 1

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
I'm glad this song was given to these two DJ's - really provided a lot to work & experiment with.

As others have said, a great match-up here. Well done to both DJs.

My vote: DJ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.