• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 2 - BTF Mixing Challenge 22. DJ Notorious challenges 19. GTam

Status
Not open for further replies.

PartyJatt

Please vote on which mix you like better by posting in the thread below. There's no poll. You must have a minimum of 10 posts to vote.

This challenge is between 22. Dj Notorious and 19. GTam. The song is Ik Gerha Giddhe Vich by Jassi Sidhu.

DJ 1:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/btf-ladder-week-2-22-dj[/soundcloud]

DJ 2:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/btf-ladder-week-2-22-dj-1[/soundcloud]

Attachments

DamanSingh

Re: Wek 2 - BTF Mixing Challenge 22. DJ Notorious challenges 19. GTam

Such a great song!

My vote is for DJ 2 (mix 2)

It would have been nice to see that dhol continue from 0:42 to the end.

nkrishnan

DJ 2, mix 1 wasn't pitched correctly

KushK

DJ 2

Mans

BTF Mixing Mod

Dj 2

footballforlife

Don't let the name fool you.

I liked the concept of Mix 1 better. But Mix 2 was cleaner and more polished. I also thought the 50cent part was a bit out of place.

I'll go with Mix 2.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
I guess that I'll go out on a limb here.

My vote: DJ 1

DJ 1 - Nice build up. I could hear a lot of the original song in your mix, which is not always a bad thing, but I felt you could do a lot more in terms of creativity (besides just speeding up the tempo). One thing that I wasn't a fan of was that you kept the same background effect on repeat throughout your mix - I would have preferred to hear some variation at parts. Your ending was rather plain - just a simple fade out, but I actually think that worked well in your mix. Not a bad job overall, but I am looking to be "awed" more, especially when you have only about a minute to execute.

DJ 2 - Right off the bat, I was rather disappointed because your mix's overall sound was a lot lower than DJ 1. I had to turn up my speakers to hear the original vocals - a bad thing! Later I found out that you placed greater emphasis on the bass drops (which started around 0:13) than the original song. I liked the creativity of using the tumbi & the "GO, GO" rapping at around 0:29ish, but it didn't match pitch at all with the vocals or the rest of the song. I felt like it was just randomly thrown in because you needed to change things up at that point. I liked the effect at 0:44 to the end of your mix. Your abrupt ending (not even the use of a simple fade out) was rather displeasing. Overall, I felt your mix was more "basic" and placed greater emphasis on the bass & other effects than the actual song. I would have used compression to master the mix and EQed Jassi Sidhu's vocals up slightly so those don't get drowned up amongst the other stuff you added.

Step up the creativity guys! Think outside of the box more!

~ Basim :)

P.S. - PartyJatt, in the future, could you upload the mixes to the BTF soundcloud page & embed them into the topic? That would make it a lot easier to reference specific parts of the mix. Keep up the good work.

lakha23

ਅਣਖ ਨਾਲ ਜਿਊਣਾ
This one was a close call because of the same amount of issues that both had, but I enjoyed DJ 2 concept. So my vote is for DJ2

PartyJatt

Basim said:
P.S. - PartyJatt, in the future, could you upload the mixes to the BTF soundcloud page & embed them into the topic? That would make it a lot easier to reference specific parts of the mix. Keep up the good work.
Next time, I promise!

Multani

CORRECTION JASIBR JASSI** 22G

This is one of my all time fav song..

Gotta give it to DJ2 kept the beat and tumbi little clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.