Week 3: Bracket B - Matchup 2 (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasnoor98

BTF Mixing Mod
Below are the mixes for Bracket B - Matchup 2 in the mixing ladder! Please vote for your favorite mix below. Feedback is also welcome, and encouraged!

Voting closes on Thursday, June 4th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to valid BTF accounts. Newly made accounts will be monitored for possible foul play.

ATTENTION MIXERS:
As a reminder, if mixers vote on every OTHER matchup (BOTH BRACKETS) for this week, they will have 2 votes added to their own matchup’s tally in their favor! DO NOT VOTE IN YOUR OWN MATCHUP!

The theme of the matchup was creating Saap Segments with old school songs.

Both DJs were assigned the song Udikedee Jhanjran Wali - Surjit Bindrakhia, linked below:

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

sdadoo15

Staff member
DJ 2. the dhol got crowded between 0:20-0:29 (I think either a diff dhol pattern or slowing down the mix would've helped), but before and after I enjoyed a lot

swisscheese

I'm gonna go with DJ 2 for EQ and for sounding more like a saap segment and loved the "saap baliyeee" out of the blue - worked REALLY well! I have to say DJ 1 was also quite interesting but the beat made it sound more like a dhamaal segment. For saaps, you HAVE to make use of the off beats and syncopate!!

TegHans

BTF Mixing Mod
DJ 1: Interesting take on the song, sounded like Bindrakhia's vocals technically worked with that instrumental but the actual music in the track didn't so it sounded off. Also dont know how i feel about the mix post-buildup. Fell extremely flat coming out of that buildup b/c it didn't have a solid enough bassline imo.

DJ 2: Nice combo of songs, but the volumes were messed up esp during the middle section. Shoulda lowered the background a considerable amount before the Bindrakhia vocals come in cause i couldnt hear any of the lyrics before it. Overall a solid, cohesive mix though.

My vote: DJ 2

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
My vote: DJ 2 - I enjoyed your intro and your mix overall, but be careful, it got pretty messy from 0:54 onwards imho. A lot of good feedback given by others, so make note of it and improve your craft, otherwise you may not make it past future rounds.

~ Basim :)

mogul517

DJ 1: I really liked the change in the feel of the segment at the drop at :34. For me, the intro was a bit drawn out compared to length of the rest of the mix and overall fell short of the energy i expect from a saap segment.
DJ 2: Loved the intro. Very danceable segment, like it came straight from a team's mix. Agree with dadoo about dhol sounding a little crowded but still hit.
My vote: DJ 2

guranshsingh

DJ 1: Cool intro, is this blinding lights I hear?!

Dj 2: ooh intro is nice, sound is more clean and full- haha I can hear all the different samples in here love that. The Hit kinda fell flat because the build up had the same amount of power/width. Try to make the hit more powerful in the future. Listen to some EDM song hits for the impact.

Vote: DJ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.