• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 3: Bracket B - Matchup 5 (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasnoor98

BTF Mixing Mod
Below are the mixes for Bracket B - Matchup 5 in the mixing ladder! Please vote for your favorite mix below. Feedback is also welcome, and encouraged!

Voting closes on Thursday, June 4th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to valid BTF accounts. Newly made accounts will be monitored for possible foul play.

ATTENTION MIXERS:
As a reminder, if mixers vote on every OTHER matchup (BOTH BRACKETS) for this week, they will have 2 votes added to their own matchup’s tally in their favor! DO NOT VOTE IN YOUR OWN MATCHUP!

The theme of the matchup was creating Saap Segments with old school songs.

Both DJs were assigned the song Flower - Jazzy B, linked below:

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
My vote: DJ 1 - definitely fit the theme for the week (saap segment) better. Great work.

~ Basim :)

kman58

DJ1, started out heavy and just kept gunning from there. Hot mix, a little messy in your mid-range frequencies with a lot of percussive layers going on. Bass was hitting hard though.
DJ2, the mix was way too centered and mono with no spatial/stereo depth. If you listen on headphones, there's nothing going on in the L/R ears to fill out soundspace. Also the slow drop at the end felt forced especially with that key change to the lower pitch.

My vote, DJ1

swisscheese

Imma vote DJ 1. I loved the variation in tempo and the trap variations everywhere. DJ 2 also tried some interesting things, like that shift in key signature at the end, but the EQ was off and the original song could have shown through a lot more brightly imo. Both were solid segments tho!

TegHans

BTF Mixing Mod
DJ 1: The intro sounded slightly off (by less than .5 semitones) pitch wise so it caused some dissonance. Loved the drums throughout, thought all of that was well placed. Might've been the best use of Going Bad that i've hard so far in a mix.

DJ 2: Sick instrumental, but i felt like it wasnt used to its potential cause it didnt work fully with each note in the jazzy b song. Really try to make sure that within each phrase, every part of the instrumental harmonizes with the note being played/sung in the original track.

My vote: DJ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.