Week 3 - BTF Ladder - 4. DJ Ra vs. 1. Swizzee

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Please vote on which mix you like better by posting in the thread below. There's no poll. You must have a minimum of 10 posts to vote. Voting ends at 11:59 PST on Tuesday night!

This challenge is between 4. DJ Ra and 1. Swizzee. The challenge was to make a regular bhangra segment. The original song is Jawani by Surjit Bhullar (it's really hard to mix).

DJ 1:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/btf-mixing-ladder-week-3-1[/soundcloud]

DJ 2:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/btf-mixing-ladder-week-3-2[/soundcloud]

mrgrewal780

I think both Dj's maximized the potential of this song being good. Song selection should be more "hype" but nonetheless, I go with DJ 1.

karandeol

Too many rookies, not enough GABROOS
Close challenge, but thematically, I thought 2 made more sense. I liked DJ 1's idea though.

Vote: DJ 2

xlnc

both DJ's did a really great job at mixing the songs, different styles - i thought mix 2 had a little too much happening for my taste - so

DJ1

HarjitSingh

Great mixes. I'll go with DJ 2.

DJ 1's mix was more mitha (sweet) with a nice beginning and good use of the mirrors instrumental. However, I think the ending with mirrors went on for a bit too long. In this mix it's not as clear for me as to how to dance to it.

DJ 2 had a harder more aggressive mix. Could be a good hard-hitting segment. Beamer Benz and Bentley is used a lot though.

rajkaran

I like what DJ 1 tried to do...it took me a while to see where it was going.

However, DJ 2 did the trick for me.

Billy Bob

Great job both DJ's.

I'll go with DJ 2 only because he/she kept a consistent theme. DJ 1 had some great segments, but overall it lacked consistency which I didnt like, individually, each segment of DJ 1 was great tho.

vote: DJ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.