Week 4: Bracket B - Matchup 1 (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mans

BTF Mixing Mod
Below are the mixes for Bracket B - Matchup 1 in the mixing ladder! Please vote for your favorite mix below. Feedback is also welcome, and encouraged!

Voting closes on Thursday, June 18th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to valid BTF accounts. Newly made accounts will be monitored for possible foul play.

ATTENTION MIXERS:
As a reminder, if mixers vote on every OTHER matchup (BOTH BRACKETS) for this week, they will have 2 votes added to their own matchup’s tally in their favor! DO NOT VOTE IN YOUR OWN MATCHUP!

The theme of the matchup was Orchestra/Symphony tracks incorporated into a Punjabi mix.
Both DJs were assigned the song Hedwigs Theme (Harry Potter) - John Williams, linked below:

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

swisscheese

DJ 1 had a much better executed idea. DJ 2 didn’t really use the song? Think it coulda shown through more

my vote: DJ 1

guranshsingh

DJ1: DOPEEEE intro. Great combo with Just Listen haha. Love the tabla/dhol you added. Hit was nice! Only critique is that the vibes were very different with the Harry Potter and Sidhu, but dope nonetheless.

DJ2: Lol at Brampton Grand. I didn’t love the pitched down Harry Potter.

Vote DJ 1

Mans

BTF Mixing Mod
DJ 1 that beginning Harry Potter sample with Sidhu intro was sick.

Dj 2: I didn't really feel the mix but that intro had me done ?

GSingh

HP Is tough to mix cause the raag is not very common but good job to DJ 1 for making it work for the most part.

DJ 2 I didn't much of the HP theme in the mix. Brampton grand intro was funny though

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
My vote: DJ 1

DJ 2 - where was the HP incorporation? I can't get a sense on where or if you used it - perhaps you used it in the background, but this HP soundtrack has a very unique sound which I feel if you mess with a lot, only retracts from the creating a truly blending into a Punjabi mix.

~ Basim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.