Week 4 Matchup 6: sahota productions vs. A Minhas productions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TegHans

BTF Mixing Mod
Below are the mixes for matchup 6 of our fourth week in the mixing ladder! Both DJs were assigned the song Law by Preet Harpal, linked below.

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

You can vote by commenting below with your choice of which DJ (1 or 2) mixed the song more effectively. Feedback is also welcome.
Voting closes on Thursday, August 9th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to those with 10 or more BTF posts. Your vote will not be counted if you do not have at least 10 posts.

amanatwalmart

i really liked how dj 1 tried adding a new bassline to the track instead of the normal 808's. The first note was on key, but i dont think the second note should have gone super high as it doesn't fit the original production, maybe if you bring it down an octave it wouldn't sound so bad. I would suggest trying to remake the main elements of the song, such as the piano, to understand how the song flows and how you can add more to it without making anything sound abrupt or out of tune. i cant really say much about Dj 2 since it was really simple, other than that it was clean. My vote goes to DJ 1 for making something fresh

TegHans

BTF Mixing Mod
DJ 2. Both were mixed well, just thought the second one was more dynamic.

MohitoK

Very close, I’ll go for DJ 1 because I liked the way the vocals were sitting in the mix more.

Status
Not open for further replies.