• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 6 Matchup 2: DJ MOMO vs. paaji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasnoor98

BTF Mixing Mod
Below are the mixes for matchup 2 of our sixth week in the mixing ladder! Both DJs were assigned the song Moda Mar Ke, DJ Rags , linked below:

Each mixer's submissions are also listed below anonymously.

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

You can vote by commenting below with your choice of which DJ (1 or 2) mixed the song more effectively. Feedback is also welcome.
Voting closes on Thursday, September 6th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to those with 10 or more BTF posts. Your vote will not be counted if you do not have at least 10 posts.

Raghavtrip

I vote DJ 2, love how the Big L track started off by surprise and then the bassline kept going through the original song afterwards.

mogul517

DJ 1- felt more complete and liked the vibe of the verses. The drops sounded a bit off to me like there was some clipping or something.
DJ 2 - agree with the bassline comment above- that was cool but it didn't sound like much else was going on with the mix.
I vote DJ 1

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Another classic song - love it!

DJ 1 - enjoyed the harmony/melody brought by the sample that you used at the beginning. Loved the build up and the drop that you added starting from 0:51ish. Nicely EQed mix. Only things that could have made a bit better would be a change of pace and a better outro. Well done overall.

DJ 2 - sample used from 0:20 to 0:40, definitely gave a different sound to your mix, but was way too long! What happened to the lyrics of the original song? lol. I was kept waiting patiently for them. Was that done on purpose?

Easy vote here: DJ 1

~ Basim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.