WEST COAST BHANGRA PLACINGS

First and Foremost, on behalf of the West Coast Bhangra Committee, we would like to personally extend our gratitude to all competing and exhibition teams that made our first competition a success! We would also like to thank everyone who came out to support us making our competition a sold out event. Here are the official placings from the weekend:

1st Place - Royal Bhangra
2nd Place - CAL Bhangra
3rd Place - Virse De Shokeen

Best Female Dancer - Meha Bakshi (CAL Bhangra)
Best Male Dancer - Gurpreet Dhillon (Virse De Shokeen)

Apart from our placings, we would also like to formally apologize to West Side Bhangra and their friends and family for the error while announcing placings. At one point, the MC accidentally announced "West Side Bhangra" instead of "West Coast Bhangra." The MC did realize this mistake right away and apologized to the team. In no way, shape, or form was this intentionally done to disrespect West Side Bhangra nor was this done on purpose. It was a honest mistake and we take full responsibility for it. Although we cannot go back in time and fix this mistake, we are taking the proper measures to compensate the team for this error. We have contacted West Side Bhangra and are in the process of coming up with a some sort of compensation for this mistake. Again, we deeply apologize for this and wish the team well in their future endeavors.

-West Coast Bhangra Committee

Saab

Today is a gift
WestCoastBhangraComp said:
First and Foremost, on behalf of the West Coast Bhangra Committee, we would like to personally extend our gratitude to all competing and exhibition teams that made our first competition a success! We would also like to thank everyone who came out to support us making our competition a sold out event. Here are the official placings from the weekend:

1st Place - Royal Bhangra
2nd Place - CAL Bhangra
3rd Place - Virse De Shokeen

Best Female Dancer - Meha Bakshi (CAL Bhangra)
Best Male Dancer - Gurpreet Dhillon (Virse De Shokeen)

Apart from our placings, we would also like to formally apologize to West Side Bhangra and their friends and family for the error while announcing placings. At one point, the MC accidentally announced "West Side Bhangra" instead of "West Coast Bhangra." The MC did realize this mistake right away and apologized to the team. In no way, shape, or form was this intentionally done to disrespect West Side Bhangra nor was this done on purpose. It was a honest mistake and we take full responsibility for it. Although we cannot go back in time and fix this mistake, we are taking the proper measures to compensate the team for this error. We have contacted West Side Bhangra and are in the process of coming up with a some sort of compensation for this mistake. Again, we deeply apologize for this and wish the team well in their future endeavors.

Just want to post a shout-out to West Coast Bhangra. Really nice that you guys are providing reimbursement for Steve Harvey's mistake.

What are thoughts from some of the competing teams?

gdholi7

WestCoastBhangraComp said:

I'm sure GTV can provide a video to show if it was a honest mistake or if the mc was trying to be funny.

Gabroo Tv

gdholi7 said:
I'm sure GTV can provide a video to show if it was a honest mistake or if the mc was trying to be funny.

I've reviewed the video. While I do agree that it was a petty mistake on part of the announcer, and that the announcer could/should have done a better job rectifying the mistake (instead of re-enacting the Steve Harvey incident) it was indeed a honest mistake.

When you look at the name 'West Side Bhangra' and 'West Coast Bhangra' it's clear to see how such a mistake was made. Heck, I'm throwing up W's and yelling 'West Side' everywhere I go, so it may have just been muscle memory on part of the emcee. Still doesn't make a wrong right, though.

She apologized on stage, they apologized right now, and the team will receive some sort of reimbursement to make up for the mistake. No further discussion required, end of story.

Dalveer

Personally having been there and witnessed it live I think itcould have been on purpose simply because of the way she said it and the way she played it off, but you never know it could have been an honest mistake and I'm glad they are receiving some sort of compensation.

Mitra

Mistakes happen but the real focus should be on the teams! Congrats to all the teams especially the ones that placed, and looking forward to seeing videos soon!

Amy Kaur

The way she said "It is on the card" multiple times after announcing the wrong placing to re-enact Steve Harvey lead the majority to believe that this "mistake" was intentional because of the fact, she was reading the results from her phone, NOT A CARD. Nonetheless, there is a chance it was an honest mistake however it does not seem like it.

ashchat

Hi everyone,

I danced with WestSide at this Comp and I would just like to put the issue to rest.
I was in contact with the committee after the incident and they have generously met us at a middle ground to compensate for the mistake.
We greatly appreciate the way the issue was dealt with afterwards by the committee.

Now that this can be forgotten...

Huge shoutout to the committee for throwing their first comp successfully, here's to more success in the future!

Big congratulations to the teams who placed, y'all killed it on that stage and deserved it!

Thanks,
Ashish

Yankee Saini

ਅਣਖ ਨਾਲ ਜੇ ਜਿਊਣਾ ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮੇਹਰ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਏ ll
AP Bajwa said:
They should just hire Steve Harvey to be MC next year lol
I see you, Charmander!

Ps. Jinhi k publicity chaunde si unni hoyi nahi . . . Oh ho, eh tan bhaayi kalol hogi! #failed ;D

The West Coast Bhangra Committee would like to thank West Side Bhangra for collectively coming to this consensus together. We would like to once again apologize for this unintentional mistake. We're happy to get past this and now fully focus on the placing teams so they do not go unnoticed.

Again, we thank everyone for making our first competition a huge success and look forward to hosting more competitions for years to come!

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Props on your professionalism! Looking forward to watching the videos as they're released. I heard it was a great show :) Huge congrats to Royal girls!!