• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

What happens when you hit 2000 posts?

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone should be concerned, after 2000 the SkiFree yeti hunts you down or something

Manjot

Kinnell is just building accounts to 2k posts & then selling for some major $$ 8) :-X

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
faizan said:
can we correlate those numbers to length of membership?
Probably. Older members have more, oldest members have most :D

It's not trivial and I can't do this for everyone but I grabbed the post dates for Faizan, Kinnell, and myself. You can see we all posted a lot in 2008-2012 (Kinnell by far the most), and Faizan and I petered out in 2012. But for Kinnell, one day he stopped. Never to appear again.

hardeep_singh

PartyJatt said:
The more you post = higher chance Hardeep will quote you and troll
:-\ is there even anyone left to troll anymore? to be or not to be that is the question, it's a matter of awareness, knowing when you've completed the part you chose to play. i think i've done enough to undermine the dominance of those i saw as overbearing elitists.
so how do you become a successful asshole/troll on btf/any other social forum?

1. always be aware of your lack of knowledge, no matter how much you know, you still don't know enough. awareness prevents you from getting yourself in a situation where your lack of knowledge is on public display, generally the deeper you get into an argument the more likely you will end up posting something you can't fully defend.

2. always have an impact, if you have information that you know will be controversial be sure to exploit this information to it's maximum effect.

3. anonymity is a weakness. no one is going to take you seriously if you go around posting shit using a username like "the honest truth" no matter how much you claim to be some elite dancer. anonymity implies that you are scared of the blowback from what you post and feel the need to protect yourself by hiding your identity.

4. never half-ass, always full-ass. if you have something to say, do it with some conviction and confidence, be prepared to defend yourself at all times.

5. always take opportunities to make yourself look like an idiot. self deprecation is a tool, if you make yourself come off as an idiot and also manage to make other look stupid, you've succeeded in proper trolling.

6. manage aggressiveness and passive aggressiveness properly, know when to be low key subversive and when to be combatitive.

7. realize that what you do is entertainment, if you continually manage to generate proper controversy which focuses on relevant topics, people will be interested/entertained. always be on the look out for the next topic that you can blow up by dropping some asshole wisdom or insight.

8. know your value, if you are one of the select few who manage to garner a reputation for delivering entertainment, knowledge, and drama, you will generate views. people will see that you've posted in a topic and check out what you posted, your comments will be talked about offline or in private conversations. if you are known for generating views moderators will likely not bother you as long as you don't piss off too many people. but hey piss off as many people as you can and do it with style.

Addendum:
9. no matter how much you troll online, try to be genuinely nice/chill as fuck in real life. not only does this show that you don't actually take shit seriously, it'll also confuse the fuck out of people, which is entertaining.

hardeep_singh

also btf kinda sucks, the whole bhangra community is a bunch of unimaginative idiots. this shit is so boring i kinda want saleem to ban me finally. was there ever any fire in the circuit to begin with or has it all just been derivative crap from the beginning with sparks of life when some teams decided to go against the grain every once in a while.