what setting do you listen to mixes on your ipod on.

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
it's best to listen to mixes without the equalizer on, as that way you listen to it the way the artist intended
but if the mix is made crappily i usually use vocal booster to hear the vocals better. it doesn't always work, though.

GSingh

Listen to good music. Good music is meant to be heard the way it was recorded/produced. All DSP's off except if you have a high quality mp3 player and can upsample to 96k. To even take advantage of that you'd have to have good headphones, however, attached to a DAC.

All in all, it depends on the headphones. Some are made to be too bright, some too bass-heavy. Figure out which yours are and adjust accordingly. It's your Sound, you know what you like best :)

asingh720

lol jk

but on a more serious note- I'd reiterate what GSingh just said. The mixes I make don't always sound the same across the headphones that I have. So whether you're in a dance room, alone using apple earbuds, connected to your car speakers, using your dre beats (whatever compels you to do so), or using actual studio headphones- that decision will shape how your music will fill the room/your ears.