Who was online at 6:30EST?!!! 144 people‽

Saleem

Staff member
Um site is telling us that 144 guests and users were online this morning but I have no clue how that's possible!! Was anyone on?! lol maybe it was like every search engine's spider crawling across BTF at the same time?

PS - I'll have more information on traffic after the end of the day
PPS - Notice the Interrobang in the subject --> ‽

Vick

You need to reset that to what it was before... Theres no way that many people were on... Thats 3:30 a.m. westcoast time... BTF's first bug?

Saleem

Staff member
it's possible it was some crazy yahoo crawler raid hahah since I didnt change any BTF code so why would it go crazy. Either way, I will go into the DB tonight and set it to 45, which is more in line with previous days.

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
I tend to accidently leave BTF on when I go to classes/workout and stuff. But I'm pretty sure that the forums mark me as inactive after 20 minutes of inactivity/and thus not online.

Crawlers sound like a good reason. I'd like to really find out the real reason though.

Mukandpuria

its basically when a search engine goes through your website and reads every page and they have hundreds of bots doing it at onces. so i am guessing 144 bots raided the website.