• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Wolverine Bhangra at Bhangra Blowout

faysal

this team has a lot of great dancers, do any of them dance on independent teams? I think the only things that held this set back really were the few mistakes at the beginning and the final few songs didn't really hit home with the crowd. Also, that chaal/jugni section was super fast! good job overall though, I am a fan :)

indiaman5

wow. 1-12 id have to say wolverine had the strongest dancers of any collegiate team that competed at blowout. each jodi really held their own throughout. manu is too sickkkk

Kush

LOVED the first half. Props were super sick (i remember someone writing that in the review after watching this)... somewhere aroudn the second half, the overall wow and fun dwindled (i think song selection and a bit of sloppier execution made the feeling stronger)...

The little snapping thing was a major major win with me, loved it. What someone said earlier is true... Of all the team performances i've seen so far , you guys have the strongest dancers in this comp closely followed by VCU. Your girls make a tremendous presence. Manu's a phenomenal dancer (though in an effort to be helpful rather than fawning, i think you started to get lazier with extension on moves, etc, towards the end. In addition, your outfit looks a bit big on you so it made everything you do look "clumpier" lol, but maybe thats just me), but the other dancers definitely exhibit some major talent.

Great work guys, I honestly am hoping you guys get that placing you deserve very soon.

Pavan

great jobs guys!! I remember seeing the kato/saap/khunde segment at pioneer and falling in love with that part. Like everyone else has already said, you guys have such strong dancers top to bottom, and I cant wait to see you guys going forward. As I understand it, you should have a solid group of dancers coming back.

If he isnt already, Manu will definitely be one of the best dancers on the collegiate circuit, if not the best. And he also ties the most beautiful paghs. Great job Wolverine!!

Pooja

I put the double o in cool.
When I watched this the first thing I thought was that it was something FRESH and DIFFERENT! I think you guys have your own "folk" style and had some popular songs and some very different songs mixed in there - post the mix I really liked it!

Manu - you're a great dancer as always, but WB has a strong group of dancers in general! I like the phumans on girls - looks really nice when doing moves, especially jhummar - speaking of which, interesting/different fast paced jhummar that I really liked!

Some cons: it was really messy at parts - clean it up and it would be even sicker. Also - lots of 'spins' almost too many...

great job!

hkaur

Sick mix....loved the fact that you guys used songs like man karin na jatiye by kuldeep manak...is it just me or were there lighting issues? that might have also taken away from the performance.

Apna_Virsa

yes, there were lighting cue issues during the dhammal segment up until the glow sticks segment.

Manu

Apna_Virsa said:
yes, there were lighting cue issues during the dhammal segment up until the glow sticks segment.

yea blowout hasn't been favorable toward us for the last 2 years in terms of lighting...hopefully we've learned our lesson now to keep it straight and simple

Govind

good job manu. sorry i couldn't come to practice i was already back in kalamazoo. Shout out to all the performers! great job!!!!!

Avneeto

Wow! I loved the performance, I've been a fan of you guys since I first saw you at Blowout last year. Just a few things to say about the performance, you guys have some really strong dancers. Love love loved jugni and the prop segment.
One con that stuck out to me (and Pooja said this too) was that it looked like you guys had too many spins. Towards the second half of the dance, it looked like a lil too much. Oh and the lighting at dhamaal was off, but obvi you couldnt really control that

Otherwise it was a great performance. Defo thought you guys wuold have placed :)

sumeetj

def one of my favorite co-ed teams, loved watching you live at ubc as well (almost same set i think?). def deserved to place if it was a tiny bit cleaner at couple parts, but love how you include alot of elements and folk moves that many teams (especially coed ones) dont do these days. LOVED the saaps, katos, khundey segment, having 3 different props was hot.

please post the mix, sounds so sick.