• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

World Cup 2014 - Who you rooting for?

HdBrar

Welcome to the Dark Side.
I'm hopin' my US MNT can pull through in tough group with Germany and Portugal. (I got high hopes.)

Chak de USA.

RsKderpu

Re: World Cup 2014

Germany just lost Reus due to a torn ligament in his ankle, which is a huge loss, but they still have potential.

Portugal has Ronaldo, as well as Nani (if he is still playing), which is definitely an advantage.

As long as the US can defend properly and play smart, I think they could have a chance. In my opinion, their best option is to defend, go into over time if need be. If not over time, go to shoot-outs increasing their chances of winning to 50-50.

RsKderpu

Gurekmann Gill said:
Argentina all the way! they got Messi, Lavezzi, and Di Maria. One strong attacking squad.

Thats definitely a strong offense, but the Argentinian defense is trash (no offense).

But lets be honest, India gonna win the world cup 8)

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Gurekmann Gill said:
now im going germany
Just because they crushed Portugal? #bandwagoner! :p haha.

I was pretty impressed watching France play. They either have a pretty strong team or Honduras was just an extremely weak opponent.

~ Basim :)

faysal

Well since we're out (England) I guess it's only right I support Chileeeee! just love how they have played.

sstakhar

Surprised this thread has gone quiet...awesome world cup so far and what an incredible match today!! Hope tomorrow's semi-final lives up to the hype

Germany just look a different class, feel they have too much for Argentina or the Dutch to deal with

Germany Netherlands final for me, Germany to take the win, richly deserved if they do so

HdBrar

Welcome to the Dark Side.
Germany is good but I gotta root for Holland. They got jipped from last year's World Cup.