***World's Best Bhangra Crew: Match-up #1***

Messages
80
World's Best Bhangra Crew is excited to announce our first Match-up:

Two teams. With dancers from all over the circuit. One goal: win that championship belt.

East Side Alliance vs. West Side Alliance

This is for the ladies!

Worlds Best Bhangra Crew 2014 Team Match-Up Announcement #1

World's Best Bhangra Crew will take place on March 22, 2014 in New Jersey.

Stay tuned for our next match-up which will be released soon!

visit us at:

www.worldsbestbhangracrew.com

Facebook.com/worldsbestbhangracrew

Instagram: @worldsbestbhangracrew

Twitter: @worldsbestbhangracrew
 

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Messages
1,459
Yay!! I was anxiously waiting for this happen someday.

Great job WBBC committee for making this a reality! It fits your competition theme perfectly. Please continue the hard work you guys do.

Good luck to both of these "superstar" teams. Looking forward to see what is brought to the stage.

All the best,

~ Basim :)
 

Kaur

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,294
Get to jump on stage again only been 5years!!

WSA
LBC
UBC
PANJ
JAWANI
NBA
DRP
CAL
BAR-B
UCI RANGLA

:)
 

Sue Sylvester

kinnell
Messages
467
Let me preface this opinion. When a competition decides upon the route of announcing teams one by one or two by two, they put an emphasis on the qualifications of said teams. Essentially, they're saying "Instead of revealing a line-up of 10 teams all at once, we chose to announce a single team one at a time because we think that each and every team in our line-up, by themselves, can bring as much hype as a normal competition revealing a line-up of teams". This can be good publicity for the competition because it can promote discussion and pique interest through speculation but on the flip side, it can also bring in criticism on why certain teams were chosen.

So, real talk? I'm not impressed. Interesting rivalry, but both teams have yet to prove themselves at competitions or rather the one competition they both have danced at. Just because the roster is filled with "superstars" doesn't make it a "superstar" team. There's a lot of all-girl teams that could have been more justified for "this" match-up and if they weren't available, I'm not the biggest fan of this affirmative action in getting an all-girl match-up.

This match-up is hype based on team names and the type of team ("collaboration"). The substance by either WSA or ESA has yet to be delivered.
 

Hoya Singh

Member
Messages
126
Sue Sylvester said:

This match-up is hype based on team names and the type of team ("collaboration"). The substance by either WSA or ESA has yet to be delivered.

+1 If I remember correctly when both teams performed last year they said they couldn't practice as a unit together until the few days before the competition. I hope this time around both teams can live up to the hype and show us why they deserved this spot
 

amancheema

Active Member
Messages
240
Sue Sylvester said:
Let me preface this opinion. When a competition decides upon the route of announcing teams one by one or two by two, they put an emphasis on the qualifications of said teams. Essentially, they're saying "Instead of revealing a line-up of 10 teams all at once, we chose to announce a single team one at a time because we think that each and every team in our line-up, by themselves, can bring as much hype as a normal competition revealing a line-up of teams".

I know you put a lot of thought and analysis into your posts but this right here is a lot of conjecture my friend, tread carefully.

Anyways, sick way to kick off WBBC '14 -- with the comp still half a year away, can't wait to see what these girls muster up. Go East :) !
 

Sue Sylvester

kinnell
Messages
467
amancheema said:
Sue Sylvester said:
Let me preface this opinion. When a competition decides upon the route of announcing teams one by one or two by two, they put an emphasis on the qualifications of said teams. Essentially, they're saying "Instead of revealing a line-up of 10 teams all at once, we chose to announce a single team one at a time because we think that each and every team in our line-up, by themselves, can bring as much hype as a normal competition revealing a line-up of teams".
I know you put a lot of thought and analysis into your posts but this right here is a lot of conjecture my friend, tread carefully.

You're a smart kid. You know what I mean.
 

sartajjudge

New Member
Messages
609
Sue Sylvester said:
Let me preface this opinion. When a competition decides upon the route of announcing teams one by one or two by two, they put an emphasis on the qualifications of said teams. Essentially, they're saying "Instead of revealing a line-up of 10 teams all at once, we chose to announce a single team one at a time because we think that each and every team in our line-up, by themselves, can bring as much hype as a normal competition revealing a line-up of teams". This can be good publicity for the competition because it can promote discussion and pique interest through speculation but on the flip side, it can also bring in criticism on why certain teams were chosen.

I like when teams are announced one by one, as long as it's way before the comp (which it is in this case). It reminds me of Elite 8 ('10 and '11)- builds anticipation and excitement. Hopefully with such a long time before showtime the teams will be able to practice more.
 

Kartik

Member
Messages
319
I like the match-up quite a bit: WBBC is all about hype and getting the right teams to go head-to-head. Even if you end up having 1 INCREDIBLE team and 1 pretty solid team, though your overall lineup is more stacked, the individual match-up is slightly mundane.

Yes, WSA and ESA are not elite/successful teams in of themselves as of this moment but they match-up perfectly and have a HUGE amount of room for building the RIVALRY into an entertaining one for the crowd. Add to this the fact that there aren't IMO currently 2 girls teams that are dominating consistently on the circuit to deserve a shot purely on merit in comparison to the other 8 teams that will be at WBBC.

This is unique and exciting -> very WBBC
 

J-Skeet

New Member
Messages
252
Kartik said:
Add to this the fact that there aren't IMO currently 2 girls teams that are dominating consistently on the circuit to deserve a shot purely on merit in comparison to the other 8 teams that will be at WBBC.
There are way more qualified all girls teams. If this was made because of a shortage in applications then it's understandable, other than..just more bogus hype. Ye they both matchup skill wise, but the true goal is to take home the 'championship belt'. Can't say that I see it happening, but hopefully that gives the teams motivation to prove us wrong. Here's to better future matchups.
 

Kartik

Member
Messages
319
J-Skeet said:
Kartik said:
Add to this the fact that there aren't IMO currently 2 girls teams that are dominating consistently on the circuit to deserve a shot purely on merit in comparison to the other 8 teams that will be at WBBC.
There are way more qualified all girls teams. If this was made because of a shortage in applications then it's understandable, other than..just more bogus hype. Ye they both matchup skill wise, but the true goal is to take home the 'championship belt'. Can't say that I see it happening, but hopefully that gives the teams motivation to prove us wrong. Here's to better future matchups.
Right, I didn't say there aren't more qualified girls teams. But there isn't a pair of girls teams that are dominating. So having a pair of girls teams that may be better than WSA/ESA isn't worth it because as of now it seems they'll also fall far short of the championship belt but have little hype and room for rivalry.
 

J-Skeet

New Member
Messages
252
Kartik said:
So having a pair of girls teams that may be better than WSA/ESA isn't worth it because as of now it seems they'll also fall far short of the championship belt but have little hype and room for rivalry.
Again if that the case that why make it imperative to include a girls team at all? Everyone's going dumb stupid about the old days...no one wants to win anymore etc and then, to you, it seems no current all girls squad has what it takes to win it all. Btw, I wouldn't sell TAG so short, nor would I count a team like BCBG (gaining crazy momentum) out from potential/would be candidates to take home the belt. As far as rivalries go...really you guys really think this will be a 'rivalry? I don't see these 2 teams having/building animosity towards one another unless you think 'polite/friendly' rivalries can exist, at which case it's bs anyway. Again the whole 'perfect matchup' is speculation based on the two teams name and how their members were selected. In other words it's an ok matchup (sub par at best)..definitely not a perfect one and certainly not one that will spark a true rivalry. Also I'd like to reemphasize the fact that you stated, iyo, no girls team is expected to win wbbc. Again if that's the case then whyyyy? Why have a girls team at all?
 

RoohAfza

New Member
Messages
21
I think the placings history of these two teams is raising concern for some people, and I don't think it should because it is irrelevant.

If these were both sub-par teams that had crappy dancers on them, then there would be reason for concern. But they're not - these teams consist of some of the best dancers on the East and West coast. They're sure to deliver good performances, and certainly ones capable of winning.

I like this line-up, and it encourages East vs. West coast rivalry, which is excellent for a competition like WBBC. Looking forward to the next one.
 
Top