• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Columbia Bhangra 2016-17 Performances

ishaankolluri

Hey BTF,

As the season comes to a relative close, Columbia Bhangra would like to share a couple of our performances this year. This was another year with huge dancer turnover for us, which is a struggle I'm sure other collegiate teams can relate to. However, our focus this year was on pushing ourselves to try new things, and construct a thoughtful and entertaining routine.

I'd like to thank my co-captain, Akshaya Nataraj, for being a creative and supportive presence throughout the year. I'd also like to thank Naina Sahrawat, our team's mixer (and one of next year's captains), for her vital role in producing the mix, as well as Sujay Turakhia & Ram Mahalingam of First Class Beats for producing some of our segments from our fall set.

Please leave any and all critiques and suggestions, regardless of redundancies. If I have learnt anything in the last four years I have spent lurking on this website, it is that BTF is a gold mine of information if one has the courage to put themselves out there. I'm grateful for the last 4 years living and breathing Bhangra alongside my team - I look forward to seeing my team's journey continue.

Columbia Bhangra @ Bhangra in the Burgh X

Dancers:
Red: Kunal Kamath & Naina Sahrawat
Ferozi: Ishaan Kolluri & Akshaya Nataraj
Blue: Christopher Kim & Manini Desai
Yellow: Gurnoor Tucker & Surbhi Lohia
Purple: Anmol Kandola & Tanvi Bhaskar
Green: Sayaan Nawaz & Aashna Singh

Columbia Bhangra @ Tamasha 2017 (This is Columbia University's annual South Asian culture show.)

Dancers:
Red: Kunal Kamath & Akshaya Nataraj
Ferozi: Ishaan Kolluri & Aashna Singh
Blue: Rahil Kamath & Gabby Urena
Yellow: Gurnoor Tucker & Shikha Sharma
Purple: Anmol Kandola & Ingrid Pan
Green: Rishi Shah & Shreya Thakkar

Thanks,
Ishaan