• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

TAG BHANGRA @ BURGH 2018

vaibhav

I'm amazed by how much much genius and thought went into this routine! Every segment was saturated with intricate and meticulous variations.
I personally felt as if the khunde segment came in slightly early; it would have been nice to see it after one of the later dancing segments so that the variation-heavy dancing segment, in contrast, could have helped balance the set flow a little better.
Overall, this was an incredibly enjoyable performance to watch and was reminiscent of old-school TAG and SGPD. I haven't watched many of the other teams from BIB, but I am confident this performance was very competitive. Hope the circuit sees more of TAG in the near future :)

Gsimz

Ne Asi Gabroo Desh Punjab De ;)
I really wish I could have seen this while I was there. I've been a huge fan of sets coming out of House of Bhangra, especially any Ustaad @Dj ASG routines. :cool:

In terms of set design, very very creative. Seeing new ideas is very refreshing. Also I loved hearing songs I've never heard before (low key missed that lol). Where you can improve is with your pause-and-go moments. They took away from the flow of the routine for me. The ideas were sick, they just need to be tweaked a bit and I'm sure you guys talked about it. For example, when shikey started, it was really strong, but then at 1:14 (right after The Next Episode beat) you do a jhummar move with shikey and the flow became abrupt. That same sequence for that move flowed better at bruin 2012. That specific example may just be me, however, I think the pause-and-go throughout the set is something to take into consideration.

I need to see a closer video to comment on dancing, but from these angles, it looked really clean. Hope to see another TAG performance sometime soon in the future.