yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
if I give you 10 threads with the exact same sentiment as this does that make me an ass? yes. But if I do it, it's just to show how many people agree with you, you're not alone.

Email Saleem and get Dheerja to push him to add it

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
smalhi said:
Swi said:
if I give you 10 threads with the exact same sentiment as this does that make me an ass? yes. But if I do it, it's just to show how many people agree with you, you're not alone.

lol no it doesn't i'm honestly bored to DEATH and wanted to see if someone would pick an argument with me/wanted to make fun of people

i shall do it. i'm assuming you in favor of this gidha section, correct?
haha don't care one way or other. But I'm just saying, it would pretty much confirm that giddha is lame :p

dhamijatt

eh folk ah
I love when pussies cry when they lose a comp....

for real i've seen this happen.and chill most of the things said here are out of humour, even the shit talking during a competition is just that- SHIT TALKING nothing else. It just makes the competition more entertaining.

dhamijatt

eh folk ah
Swi said:
smalhi said:
Swi said:

lol no it doesn't i'm honestly bored to DEATH and wanted to see if someone would pick an argument with me/wanted to make fun of people

i shall do it. i'm assuming you in favor of this gidha section, correct?
haha don't care one way or other. But I'm just saying, it would pretty much confirm that giddha is lame

giddah has it's own place in punjabi culture- don't disrespect.

faizan

Just shut up and dance
Supreet, those people are the "Bhangra Snobs" as I like to refer to them. We all know who they are, point and laugh at their shitty opinions and close-minded approaches to Bhangra. They are the worst kind of BTF members, worse than the Trolls even (because some people think they are legitimate either because they are on a good team or because they have X amount of post, I just think they are douche bags). And if you are reading this and thinking I am talking about you, take a hint, I probably am. Get over yourselves, life has more to offer than Bhangra Teams Forum.

dhamijatt

eh folk ah
faizan said:
Supreet, those people are the "Bhangra Snobs" as I like to refer to them. We all know who they are, point and laugh at their shitty opinions and close-minded approaches to Bhangra. They are the worst kind of BTF members, worse than the Trolls even (because some people think they are legitimate either because they are on a good team or because they have X amount of post, I just think they are douche bags). And if you are reading this and thinking I am talking about you, take a hint, I probably am. Get over yourselves, life has more to offer than Bhangra Teams Forum.
awwwww shiettt nicca be talking about me

rajkaran

simran88 said:
i second the giddha section!! pretttty please
granted, this forum is "bhangra teams forum", promoting bhangra...but it'd be nice starting point to foster another important aspect of Punjabi culture (especially since giddha is commonly referred to as the "girl's equivalent for traditional bhangra")...and isn't that one of the points of having a forum?...where people who have similar interests can talk about it and, as a result, have that idea grow and prosper with healthy discussion (and of course we have the "Bhangra Snobs", as Faizan said, that don't really contribute much to the healthy discussions haha)?

I am Pro-Giddha. Join the movement!

zagreus

I prefer having fun at competitions. I really don't care too much about the judging once the weekend is more or less done. Oh well, some people just like to take it personally. I'm sure there are people who just only live for bhangra, i think some people need to find other hobbies too. there's more to life than JUST bhangra, go out, see the world. you might learn something :)

Rajbir

smalhi said:
apparently their lives don't really have much to offer hence the 'e-drama'
ummm did you have something better to do then start this post :p (JUST KIDDING .... dont rip into me :-D )

HarmanToor

Nachde Yaar Punjab De
I've seen some pretty messed up fights over bhangra. I've also seen people conspiring like they're the illumanti, trying to take over junior teams and robbing them of their best dancers and leaving, I'm sure some of you have some interesting stories aswell. All in all, the competetive nature of bhangra makes it fun and drives people to create some awesome sets that we all enjoy. The main rivalries always create that extra exictement in the big competitions aswell and help make bhangra itself bigger since people pay for these kind of showdowns. Faizan you've put it so well.. the whole "im part of this team, what nigga ride or die" attitude is whack. I see it everywhere in Toronto, just makes me laugh.

GSingh

I forsee bhangra gangs where after comps, drive-by's are expected and khunda attacks are the backstage normalities.

Saab

Today is a gift
Can we just play bhangra music, do crazy phummania steps, and get along?