• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Acid Music Studio 10 vs. Acid pro 7

kman58

If you're looking for the cheapest professional production software, Reaper's your best bet. I want to say it's actually a fully functional free "trial" that never actually expires (after a month it gives you an annoying 5second ad when you open it up but if you aren't using it commercially then nbd). The license is also very inexpensive less than $100 I think if you decide to pay. I personally do not use it, my personal recommendation would be the full ableton suite but it is extremely expensive ($600 or so before any student discounts), but also very intuitive and powerful. Feel free to pm me with questions, good luck!

PS. I don't know much about Acid at all

mithu

Simple answer: Avoid Sony ACID. Sony has stopped development on it, and extremely outdated. (And I think they even sold their entire DAW division to another company).

If you want to start anything music related start with DAWs like Ableton, Bitwig, FL Studio, Logic X etc.
I've tried Reaper, it was better when it was completely free for what it offers.

Look for DAWs that have decent algorithms with their stock plugins (Ableton, Bitwig, and FL take the cake here). Something with a decent work flow (almost all DAWs other than products like Reason).