• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

AMERICAN BHANGRA CHAMPIONSHIP 2014 GRAND FINALE

jusabc

Official American Bhangra Championship

Hello everybody.

We have now reached the Grand Finale.
Its on the 20th of DECEMBER 2014 - COLDEN CENTER - QUEENS - NEW YORK

Here is the link for a TEASER announcing the teams and the event. Please Watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVMIIt7hrnM

The Grand Finale event page has been created.
Please Invite your friends for the event :)

https://www.facebook.com/events/667435870043129/

Please take time out to see the POSTER of the event.

Dharmendra is the Chief Guest -- While Mr. Sarbjit Cheema is the Chief Judge. He will also be giving a LIVE performance.

FOR TICKETS - PLEASE CALL --
718 752 9290 Ex 103
Colden Center Box Office -
718 793 8080

There is also an AFTER PARTY at STUDIO SQUARE in ASTORIA.
Tickets are $20.00
Its going to be a great fun night.

REGARDS

Attachments

jusabc

ABC 2014 - Twitter BHANGRA War

Tweet now with your favorite teams HASHTAG to get them the Peoples Choice Award of $1000
The Night of ABC 2014 Grand Finale at Colden Center Queens NYC -- 20th December.
Find the details in the video -:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p6Wbpv03rY
Book your tickets. Call 718 752 9290 Ex 103 or Colden Center Box Office - 718 793 8080. Or visit - www.kupferbergcenter.org - TWEET NOW

jusabc

AMERICAN BHANGRA CHAMPIONSHIP 2014 GRAND FINALE - MIXER & AFTER PARTY

The Teams Mixer will be happening at - GOLDEN TERRACE - NEW YORK
FRIDAY 19th December - The MIXER will be broadcast LIVE on Jus Punjabi from 8 PM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qza7ECJUC2k

And The AFTER PARTY is at 5 Star - Long Island.
The AFTER PARTY will be attended by Dharmendra himself. Tickets for $20.00 - Call 718 752 9290 X103

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHwa-qby4r8

Don't forget to TUNE IN for the Mixer and attend the After Party. Its going to be fun. :)

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
kundia moocha said:
Question:Why is Sarbjit Cheema a judge in the competition when his son's competing in the actual competition?
yomamajama said:

^ this guy is stalling..

The committee isn't stalling and had already addressed this issue publicly in this topic (where Harjot originally brought it up):
http://bhangrateamsforum.com/discuss/post-mixes-and-video-links/american-bhangra-championship-2014-watch-all-promos-and-behind-the-scenes/msg233692/#msg233692

If you're not satisfied with the response or would like more specific details, feel free to PM or email the competition directly. Let's not constantly beat a dead horse though.

Hope this helps,

~ Basim :)

kundia moocha

This is far from beating a dead horse. Its a matter of people spending endless hours at practice and missing school along with family issues to possibly be undermined by an individuals father being a judge.

Now from what I read about Harjot asking you what measures would be taken to ensure no breach of interest would happen, your committee said that they would post something that would be done to make sure nothing of that matter happens.

Even after I posted this you guys still haven't posted anything. Either the committee is regretting its decision on the judge it chose or you guys legitimately have nothing set up to prevent there being bias in the judging.

I have been dancing for way too long and seen this tread of judges biasing their decisions all the time... why do you think bhangra in the west coast (especially BC) has fallen off so hard. Theres no fair judging left.

Pendu

Next year try maybe keeping a straight camera view so people can take In formations and the overall performance the way the judges see them. The camera shifting around to different views on tv is distracting in my opinion.

jatt22nature

And do try to not show the judges during the performances.
Though I must agree, the constantly changing camera angle is somewhat annoying

Lally

Well done to SIAC on the first place!
Also a shout out to DCMPAA, VIRSA & Taare for an amazing battle. It was great meeting you guys, hope to see you guys soon in the future!

The committee was extremely rude and only cared about their gay ass show. The bhangra teams were treated as if we were their puppets and were only spoken to when it was time for their live broadcast. None of the committee members knew nothing about bhangra so they shouldn't be hosting a bhangra competition. They also didn't pay for our rooms for our last night which we were told that would be covered. When we tried contacting them, we got no answer or any attempt of them trying to get a hold of us. This competition was all HYPE.

hardeep_singh

commercial entities tend to ruin the spirit of bhangra
i am disappoint jus, but not surprised

am i the only one who thinks punjabi satellite channels are just mostly crap?

Yankee Saini

ਅਣਖ ਨਾਲ ਜੇ ਜਿਊਣਾ ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮੇਹਰ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਏ ll
faizan said:
Id be shocked if abc actually paid the winning teams, shocked.
yaar, teams tan pher vi door di gall aa, jaggi bai layi nee kuch bacheya huna, kyun ki saare $$$ tan inha neh Dharmender nu bulaaun layi laa ditte.

aah jaggi te oh buddiyan de telephone answer karn wali, vaahle e lassi jahe bandhe aa, especially jaggi. Patandar da aap e gall karke hassi jaaoo, hadh hogi.

But anyways, gall jehi nee bani eh show/comp di. Janta saali avein e bootha chakk ke competition karaun lagg paindi aa. Jeh slaah nahi laini kise seyaane toh tan at least don't have senior judges and Cheema bhaji to judge such a comp. These judges deserves better!

Culture nu bachaauna da tan pata nee, par je aeho jahe shows hunde rahe tan bhangra jroor bachauna pai jauna. lol

Ps. Hope you guys do pay the winning team about 5-7k. If I'm not wrong, I think that's about right amount that was promised.

bhangraholic01

Retired
Isn't it funny the last two comps that Virsa has took a part of like burgh and abc (both comps desvered first or second) has not got what they desvere because of a judge affiliated with Anakh-E-Gabroo. "There is no beef or rivalry" they said, in my eyes it's clearly proven there's still beef. Just saying.... A random thought in my head, anyways congrats to the placing teams :-\

harkeerat24

Twitter: @harkeerat24
I hope everyone knows Apna Bhangra Crew has nothing to do with American Bhangra Championship lololol

KironMizanur

Loughborough & Gabru Furteley
harkeerat24 said:
I hope everyone knows Apna Bhangra Crew has nothing to do with American Bhangra Championship lololol
LOOOOOOL! I was thinking exactly the same...
Hope it doesnt affect the general alphabet either

siddyp

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
bhangraholic01 said:
Isn't it funny the last two comps that Virsa has took a part of like burgh and abc (both comps desvered first or second) has not got what they desvere because of a judge affiliated with Anakh-E-Gabroo. "There is no beef or rivalry" they said, in my eyes it's clearly proven there's still beef. Just saying.... A random thought in my head, anyways congrats to the placing teams :-\
who judged ABC who was affiliated w AEG?

And to think that 1 judge had everything to do with a team not "getting what they deserved" is pretty strong. There were 4 other judges at burgh. If they "deserved" to place 1st or 2nd, what happened with the other 4?

I'm coming at you, because according to your previous posts, you're either affiliated with Virsa and lying about being a "free agent", or you have a massive boner for them. Which means you're being bias towards them. Don't hide behind your keyboard. It's too easy to call out. Use the keyboard to your advantage:

Bring some constructive feedback/thoughts as to why they deserved 1st or 2nd. Not, "this was sick. deserved to place" <-- that means nothing. Look at the rubrics and then think about why they didn't place. Then think about what the other teams did. And then give a full explanation as to why they should have placed if you still believe they should have.

Sue Sylvester

kinnell
bhangraholic01 said:
Hey buddy,

I am the judge at Bhangra In The Burgh 2014 who I believe that you are referring to. There may have been disagreements between members of AEG and Virsa in the past (or maybe still current? I haven't been active on AEG for bit now and my Black Fridays are consummated in Boston these days), but personally, I do not share those sentiments or else I would not have staked my personal reputation nor felt comfortable in judging as a completely unbiased entity. I did have the opportunity to have a good discussion with a few of the Virsa boys at the afterparty to offer a bit of my insight as a judge. None of the judges at Burgh disagreed that Virsa brought a great set to Burgh and it would have been in contention for placing had the dancing been more consistent and synchronized throughout the performance. Personally, I am a fan of the style/power that Virsa brings on stage and novelty in choreography.

Feel free to reach out if you have questions!

bhangraholic01

Retired
Aww you so cute eh... First of all, I do get a boner from teams that do proper bhangra. First learn how to properly dress up then dance. Btw the AEG baba who danced at Bruin and MCB was a judge at ABC. At Burgh, not only one but three of the judges were affiliated with AEG ("ex dancers"). First do your research then talk.

http://i60.tinypic.com/24eq0s4.png%5B/IMG%5D 8)