• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Anakhiley-E-Gabroo Bruin 2014 (2nd Place) *** GTV VIDEO ADDED ***

KushK

Here is our video from Bruin Bhangra 2014! It was an honor collaborating with such great dancers and being able too work side by side with them. Ankhiley Gabroo is a young and upcoming team with so much talent, that even some of the older folks like myself learned a few new things or two. Being able to put together the whole set in 5 days was truly an amazing experience. I hope you all enjoy this set as much as we did performing it. A huge shout out to all the boys that danced the set and especially our MVP Baljot for constantly working on stuff up until we went on stage! Thank you Bruin Committee for once again putting on a great show with great teams! Munny, Sahib, Sunny, Sally, Jalmeen, Jiya... you guys are awesome and keep up the good work for the coming years!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4VHjWhTI60

Anakhiley E Gabroo

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NigMWGHr-BA&list=UUjGoCnfP8uEaatVIKmZ05Og

JORDIS

Gopi/Baljot - Red

Ankush/Sandeep- Black
Ravi/Ricky- Purple
Mavi/Vishal(VD)- Pink
Jasdeep/HP- Blue
Gagi/Manraj- Orange
Guppi/JK Pabla- Yellow
Mariam/Simrat - Green

Ricky916

Re: Anakhiley-E-Gabroo Bruin 2014 (2nd Place)

This collabo was definitely an amazing experience, got to spend a whole week with a group of guys that I used to only see when I competed against them. This past week has been one of the most fun filled experiences in my Bhangra career, from the all day practices to the making props at the apartment to kicking it at the competition. It never felt like this was two separate teams, from two different coasts of the US, it felt like I had been dancing alongside these guys & girl for years. Hands down one of the best times I have had on stage there was so much energy and passion that was brought out of each and every one of our dancers. Can’t wait to see the AEG boys again, miss you guys already!

Gopi D

Thank you Bruin Bhangra for everything this weekend, especially Munny for being a great liaison from start to finish! This team has been nothing but fun and you'll see that within the routine :) #gopikush <3 Can't wait to see you boys soon! Miss you guys all too much :/

Kaur

Ripped it!! The audience went crazy for all the gimmicks. I remember sitting there just watching their reactions. Also collabo are usually never too sucessful, but your guys styles mesh together really well an it looked like you were dancing together forever.

Good job puths!!

Ps: Ankush/Ricky one of your best performances :)

sahibmc

5 days :O wow.... rated guys! How in the world did you manage that? ...... #i really enjoyed that set, nice one guys!

Jusi.Sahota

One thing I liked is that you guys really improved on the "I'm not superman you know" part. In recent performances, it hasn't flowed as great as it's supposed to - but this one was really well put together. Congrats guys, loved the performance. Loved the song selection too with the old school classics. Would love to hear the mix?

Remy

Which manmohan waris ni aaja bhabi remix was that? Can someone post it? Tried to find it but no luck =[

Armaan Kapoor

Loved this collaboration guys, great to see two different styles coming together, and I thought it meshed really well. Specifically liked how you took the tall man gimmick to the next level with Mariam taking her pagh off - kept the crowd on its toes! Congrats on 2nd!

Also, VD, you need to seriously work on your jhummar bro, what was that? <3

jfried

I just finished watching the GTV video like ten minutes ago and I can't really put together any coherent thoughts right now because all that I can say is "goddamn, man..." and then just laugh hysterically.

That was fun as hell to watch.

Hoya Singh

Even though it was a collab, this was my favorite AEG performance in a while. Lots of fun moments and loved the intro to jhummar!

KushK

Here is the mix guys! Baljot also uploaded the file in a separate thread for download. ENJOY!!

https://soundcloud.com/baljot-gill/anakhiley-e-gabroo-bruin-bhangra-2014