• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Anonymity on BTF?

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Messages
2,098
I see the discussion brought up. Totally valid.

But I don't think you should ever say anything online that you wouldn't say in real life (in a face to face conversation). It's really easy to get carried away online but we should try to talk online the same way we would if we were at a round table in real life. If a team did a sh*t performance, talk to 1 or 2 people on the team privately. Then for BTF critique you can still point out the major things (i.e. music selection was not good, or it was sloppy). I think Meistro and Harkiran do a good job of critiquing teams. There are ways to still voice your opinion, but in a safe and respectful way.

Straight up bluntness isn't always the best thing. Gentle honesty is good.

As for not wanting to associate personal opinions with teams-- 2 parts
* Definitely state right away a reminder that these are your personal views and not a representation of your team(s) in any way
* We should all keep in mind when reading that these are PERSONAL accounts, not team accounts. The team affil is just to get to know and help identify people and stuff

As far as like issues with judging opinions and stuff... I have clue or idea about that. Just keep quiet I guess. Anyone else?
 

Vick

Member
Messages
990
Mariam said:
I see the discussion brought up. Totally valid.

But I don't think you should ever say anything online that you wouldn't say in real life (in a face to face conversation). It's really easy to get carried away online but we should try to talk online the same way we would if we were at a round table in real life. If a team did a sh*t performance, talk to 1 or 2 people on the team privately. Then for BTF critique you can still point out the major things (i.e. music selection was not good, or it was sloppy). I think Meistro and Harkiran do a good job of critiquing teams. There are ways to still voice your opinion, but in a safe and respectful way.

Straight up bluntness isn't always the best thing. Gentle honesty is good.

As for not wanting to associate personal opinions with teams-- 2 parts
* Definitely state right away a reminder that these are your personal views and not a representation of your team(s) in any way
* We should all keep in mind when reading that these are PERSONAL accounts, not team accounts. The team affil is just to get to know and help identify people and stuff

As far as like issues with judging opinions and stuff... I have clue or idea about that. Just keep quiet I guess. Anyone else?
I don't agree...

On a side note... I wonder if the people who post on POL know that BTF exists?
 
Top