• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

anyone else pissed off w NYT?

Govind

so i guess i haven't noticed for a few months since i disappeared to study, but WTF ny times charges $15/month if you want to view more than 20 articles/month!?!...as if they didn't make enough money off of the giant car ads they have opening up every time you go to the homepage that basically obstruct half of the entire page. i really hope this move to charge people to view articles comes back to haunt them with decreased ad revenue and fewer subscriptions...even if i want to casually peruse the newspaper i can't even do that...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

H.S.

i dont think many people read New York Times here!

but yes, i was equally disappointed. I remember getting an email in Feb/March about it. Sucks!

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
H.S. said:
i dont think many people read New York Times here!

but yes, i was equally disappointed. I remember getting an email in Feb/March about it. Sucks!
Interesting! I read a lot of NYT, but I suppose it's split between a few computers and my phone, because I've never gotten the 20-article pay prompt. Good to know, though! Could you create a new username and clear cookies/history?

gifty

NYT blows... They charge the living shit out of you... I can't even access them through apps on my droid... Who cares, i don't need any east coast bias :p..

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
In firefox, download and enable the NoScript extension

In Chrome, go to options, under the hood, content settings, and manage JavaScript exceptions. Block www.nytimes.com

Pooja

I put the double o in cool.
I read it everyday online and I was piiissssed.

But my friend told me about this quick fix called "NYT Clean" - google it, it's a toolbar link and every time the pop up comes you just click it and it goes away...

So far NYT says they won't do anything to get rid of it!!